It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
(male)

FANTABULOUS HB User
The doctor said so

A lot of people suffer these days from OCCD ( Obesesive Compulsive Certainty Disorder ) and doctors are no exception.

What people should be working with, is probability factors, and not be tagging assumptions with the title of " FACT ". Is " Schizophrenia " packed with facts, or assumptions ?

To give you an example of just how powerful an effect OCCD has on people such as Doctors, the following is an experiment that was performed on several doctors.

Four healthy intellectual people and four doctors were chosen. The four people, two men and two women, were told to dress as follows.
1) Man , dressed in business clothes.
2) Woman , dressed in business clothes.
3) Man , dressed in casual clothes.
4) Woman , dressed in casual clothes.

Each person was given an identical script of the exact symptoms they were to inform their specific doctor about. They were told to memorize it perfectly word for word.
Persons ( 1 ) and ( 2 ) were also told to speak in a monotone voice.
Persons ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) were also told to speak in an emotional multi-tone voice.

However, I say it again, each intellectual was giving the doctor the exact same information.

The results were amazing. The responses from the four doctors were as follows.
Patient #1 ) There is nothing physically apparent, but I recommend further tests to find the source of the problem.
Patient #2 ) There is nothing physically apparent. Come back again if the problem persists.
Patient #3 ) There is absolutely nothing wrong with you.
Patient #4 ) What you are madam, is a Hypochondriac.

And so, if you are off to see your Doctor, don't forget to dress in business clothes, and also always speak in a monotone voice, and if you are a woman, I am sorry to have to say this, but it looks like you will have to dress up like a man for best results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
(male)

ozzmo HB User
Re: The doctor said so

i think ur just a bit confused maybe get some fresh air in ur lungs.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
(male)

FANTABULOUS HB User

Nope.... the test was for real !

I think you're just a bit confused, and maybe you need to get a fresh view of truth.

Had the experience myself once too. I had neck pains, head aches, and nasty ear aches, and so I went to see my Doc. My doc was called away on an emergency, and so I was sent downstairs to see another Doctor. I filled the Doc in on the details. Without any examination, he said there was nothing wrong with me, and that clearly I was a Hypochondriac.

I expressed my anger since he had not even bothered to perform an examination. I then managed to talk him into performing an examination. He said, while insulting me, that there is nothing wrong with my ears. Even a moron knows that in most cases an ear ache is not caused by a problem with the ear itself, but it is due to irritation of major nerves which lead to the general ear area.

I also told the Doc that in my opinion the cause of the problem was perhaps a case of severely impacted wisdom teeth, but that my reason for coming to see the Doc was to first determine if it was something else possibly more serious. Once again, with a brow beating look on his face, he said that it was all in my head, and that I was a Hypochondriac.

Step two. I then set an appointment with someone who I could trust. He was a dentist who was also a bright university buddy of my brothers. He took x-rays of my teeth. Later he came back with the finished x-rays and I asked him if I was right, did I have severely impacted wisdom teeth. Rather than say yes or no, he paused and said " These...... theeeeese.....my friend.. are text book classics ! ". My impacted wisdom teeth could have been no worse. They were also positioned so high that they were applying pressure to the bone that shapes the sinus cavities. Weeks later, all 4 wisdom teeth were removed.

6 months later, similar nasty facial pains had once again returned. Again I though it would be best to see my doc first. This time he was available. He said there was nothing wrong with me. With a smile on his face he said that it was all in my head and the perhaps I was being a Hypochondriac. Bloody hell, I said to myself !

I then set an appointment with the same oral surgeon who had remove my wisdom teeth. His secretary, while rolling her eyes, asked me " Whaaaaat kind of a problem are you having ? Hooooow long have you had it. " and so on. Here we go again, more bloody rejection, is what I said to myself.

Finally the doctor called me in. I gave him the basics concerning the problem. He stuck his finger in my mouth and squeezed the gum right where one of wisdom teeth used to be. Out comes the finger with a big woad of puss on it. There is your problem, he said. With a smirk/anger on my face, I the asked him, " I this the creation of a Hypochondriac ? ".

He seemed puzzled at my question, and I just said forget it it's not important. They then put me on antibiotics.

Problem solved !

Last edited by FANTABULOUS; 12-05-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
(male)

ozzmo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTABULOUS
Nope.... the test was for real !

I think you're just a bit confused, and maybe you need to get a fresh view of truth.
many of wise words do come from you.

Closed Thread