It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
(female)

gideon76 HB User
Unhappy Re: thought broadcasting

Hi... I am soooo glad to find this post!! And to have a title to my condition... "thought broadcasting".. so is that what they call it when I think something and everyone can feel the energy of it or something? I can say something and someone hears it (sometimes)??

I have had this for the past year almost and it is getting worse. I read here that stress can make it worse and LCD and having a relative with schizo. may make this possible, or worse. I did LCD in high school (more than 10 years ago) but I knew it did something to me. It broke something in me and I havent felt the same since. And secondly, my father has paranoid Schizophrenia. Also, I have anxiety which is socially based and other problems... due to this what people call "intense" energy around me. I really hate it because it's a total violation of my personal thoughts.. I dont WANT to let people hear or feel me in that way but I have tried to block the thoughts but it doesnt work that well. Also, I have can use the thoughts to shoot a thought... it definatly makes conversations interesting.

I'm soooo sick of this though!! I don't have any hallucinations or hear voices or anything like that.

How do I get rid of this?!?!? I'm thinking if I face my social fears (if I'm not too psycho for people now) and deal with some of the anxiety (exercise, journal etc) then maybe it will go away.

Has anyone had any success?

Last edited by gideon76; 07-16-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
(male)

flyingonempty HB User
Re: thought broadcasting

Hello... My wife has been at the place where she was convinced that all her thoughts were being heard by nearby folks...this lead to other fears I would suggest talking to a pro in the field to head it off early...

JK

Old 07-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

gideon76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingonempty View Post
Hello... My wife has been at the place where she was convinced that all her thoughts were being heard by nearby folks...this lead to other fears I would suggest talking to a pro in the field to head it off early...

JK
Friend, I know you mean well but I am sure that people are picking up my vibrations. I've had confirmation of it. I know why it is too.. its a combination of anxiety, drug use, and social isolation (not facing my fears). I don't think I'll have it at this intensity forever with effort on my part to live in reality and not in my mind.

Last edited by gideon76; 07-16-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
(female)

gideon76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPsychic View Post
I have thought broadcasting all the time. The aliens put a device somewhere on Earth to send everyone my thoughts. 6.5 BILLION people hear my thoughts 24 hours a day 7 days a week. How does device get my thoughts you ask? Well, there is also something in my brain that sends my thoughts to the other device. It is scary not to have privacy. Also I get panic attacks because of thought broadcasting. Luckily I don't actually avoid any areas yet because I don't want it to ruin my life. The worst one was at a baseball game with 45,000 people knowing my thoughts and talking to others about it! How scary is that? People were laughing and pointing at me. It was no fun at all to be in that kind of crowd. What do you do about thought broadcasting? I am tired of it personally.
Well I don't have it quite as bad as you seem to have it, luckily for me. People in my range like on the telephone or in the same room as me, can pick up on my vibrations.

cure? God, facing fears, and relaxation (exercise, journaling, eating healthy)... hopefully!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
(male)

Sam B. HB User

Yeah..........Thats one of the main reasons I felt like not driving....I used to ****ing like ride with my friends, and feel like cars miles ahead were hearing my thoughts.. I know that can't be possible... Then like,,, I felt like people in europe were listening to me think...My perceptions on life could be strictly based upon delusions...Who knows anymore? The psychiatrist doesn't, and I sure as hell don't...

Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
(male)

3wilds HB User

I do also have a father with schizophrenia and have had a lot of anxiety probloms in my life and have just recently put two and two together. Id like to write to you here or otherwise because its so relevant.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
(female)

neon_dreamer HB User

PsychoPsychic,

I've had recurrent episodes of thought broadcasting which were pretty severe and nothing helped except for meds. I'm taking Risperdal and no longer experience thought broadcasting.

I hope you're not offended by my question, but have you considered seeing a pdoc (psychiatrist) and trying meds to see if they would help?

I'm normally not one to push meds on others, but as someone who suffered pretty severely from thought broadcasting in the past, I can emphasize with what you are going through.

neon_dreamer

Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #8
(female)

wendizzle22 HB User
Re: Thought broadcasting

You could try thinking about the feeling of thought broadcasting in an objective way, trying to find ways to prove it isn't really happening. For example as many people feel they are broadcasting, if all the other people in the world could really hear your thoughts and the other people's they would be very confused indeed! All these random people's thoughts- they wouldn't be able to function!
Even if one person heard one person's thoughts (which they don't but *if* they did..) why would they be bothered to carry on listening to all the mundane stuff that everyone thinks of. It'd be boring to hear 'ooh those clothes are nice' or 'ow my foot' all the time!
Also I reckon if a 'higher' power/race could hear our thoughts they would think humans wer very trivial indeed!

Closed Thread