It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
(female)

Gia029 HB User
Re: Risperidone = brain death

How do you find that your brain function is only half of what it was?
Give me an example.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
(female)

lxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbarx View Post
I too am on this medication, and it nullifies the brain. While the other side effects are not to bad, It is difficult to want to talk, and my brain function seems only a fraction of what it once was. I haven't gained any weight with it.
please tell me what dosage of risperiodone you were on. I just started on 3 mg and I am wondering if this will happen to me. thanks.

Last edited by lxx; 11-01-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: mistake

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #18
(female)

lxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensynapse View Post
Risperadone did the same to me, actually I couldn't talk for about a year just drool. Everyone around me thought it was the illness, and didn't even think it was a med, until I quit taking them. I was totally numb and depressed but they kept givning me more pills to take the side efects away. Abilify made me more crazy but it works for my sister so who knows. I'm on invega, and seroquel, one doesn't work alone. Good luck finding that right one
please tell me what dosage of risperiodone you were on. thanks.

Last edited by lxx; 11-01-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
(female)

lxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbarx View Post
I too am on this medication, and it nullifies the brain. While the other side effects are not to bad, It is difficult to want to talk, and my brain function seems only a fraction of what it once was. I haven't gained any weight with it.
please tell me what dosage of risperiodone you were on. thanks. I am thinking that if you were on like 6mg or something. I am on 3 mg and I am hoping this doesn't happen to me.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #20
(female)

lxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia029 View Post
I've been on Risperdal for 3 years along with paxil. Both of which have caused me to gain 100lbs. So now I'm a bit depressed about that. I don't really think it caused me to stop talking as much as I used to but I was always a reserved, antisocial person for the most part. The two drugs have helped me in a big way. The two things I have noticed tho is I can sleep all day and all night if I want to. I only do this out of boredom not because I am depressed. My motivation is kind of low too,
Do you drool when you talk and have difficulty listening like the others have said? Do you think it "nulllifies" your brain? What dosage are you on? I am on 3mg and sometimes I have difficulty breathing. I also forget what I am going to say and have difficulty remembering words. I have been on 3 mg only for a month. I am wondering if my condition is going to get worse. please help me with some answers. thank you.

Last edited by lxx; 11-01-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #21
(male)

lucid death HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxx View Post
Do you drool when you talk and have difficulty listening like the others have said? Do you think it "nulllifies" your brain? What dosage are you on? I am on 3mg and sometimes I have difficulty breathing. I also forget what I am going to say and have difficulty remembering words. I have been on 3 mg only for a month. I am wondering if my condition is going to get worse. please help me with some answers. thank you.
I would like to know if you got off the Risperdol. I was on it for 3 months and it made me slow in every aspect. I had impotence and when i quit it i did it cold turkey, bad idea, i couldnt sleep for about a week or more.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #22
(female)

giulia56 HB User

I also have a 22 year old son on resperidal - 50 mg once every 2 weeks. He was diagnosed over a year ago with schizophrenia. He was taking resperidal in combination with olanzapine and as his doctor increased his dosage of resperidal he became more like a walking zombie. Didnít talk, could not follow instruction, just couldnít think straight. Once the olanzapine was stopped and he was just on respirdal he became more alert, talkative, happy, socializing etc. We believe that he is on the right meds and that it is helping him tremendously. There are so many meds that you have to find the right one for you. I understand that repseridal is one of the newer meds and the docs like it. My son receives it by injection. He still says occasionally that there is nothing wrong with him and I believe itís because he feels normal. He also gained about 30 lbs., but he was so thin when he was ill that he is much healthier with the added weight. Itís a tough illness to go through; I wish you all the best.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #23
(male)

dagan HB User

seroquel can sometimes have longterm, permanent, side effects including slurred speech and an affected gait (dragging a foot behind as you walk). Just a heads up. Abilify is the better long term choice.

Closed Thread