It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
(male)

arod13 HB User
Does anyone have an opinion of possible schizophrenia symptoms

I'll try to make this as short as possible.
Since around the age of 12 or so I have been dealing with narcolepsy and obsessive compulsive disorder with slight anxiety. I've always been unmotivated and fatigued due to the narcolepsy and haven't taken drugs for any of this.
After moving to Florida from New York at age 37 I noticed a big change in my personality. It started with mood swings, which led to anxiety, panic attacks, heart palpitations, anti-social behavior, and the delusions that people were tring to poison me.
Everything came to a head one day while driving when my wife said something so insignificant which made me suddenly explode and snap.
I immediately felt as if I had no idea where I was and felt like everything around me was moving in slow motion and surreal.
I started to have feelings of unreality and depersonalization, questioning if I was really alive and questioned everything about existance.
I went to the emergency room of a local hospital for extremely high blood pressure, and worsening of the anxiety and panic attacks, which was caused by constant mental stress trying to figure out what was happening to me.

While sitting at the e.r. waiting room an apparently schizophrenic woman was pacing the room speaking to everyone seated in the e.r. room telling them that she had to touch each one ofthem in the nose or the world was coming to an end. Right there I started to think of my own situation and delusions. The difference was I knew I was delusional compared to this lady who seemed like she was very serious in her beliefs.
When blood was drawn in the emergency room without being tested, I thought to myself the only reason they drew the blood without sending it to the laboratory was to implant a tracking device in my arm to track my whereabouts.
I also lost 20 lbs. in 45 days, had delusions in my sleep that the cops were after me, terrible nightmares, and sometimes waking up not knowing where I was.
During this time, my family went on vacation without me, I imagined them dying and coming back as imposters.
It's been seven months and I'm only recently beginning to make appointments with psychiatrists and doctors back here in New York, instead of Miami ,because I thought the doctors in Miami were all after me.
The anxiety and delusions have subsided but the feelings of depersonalization and not feeling I'm part of this world or don't exist is what is really eating me up constantly, worrying about this 24/7 for the last seven months. I am still not on meds but feel like my brain is deteriorating, is constantly numb, can't concentrate and feel like a zombie.
I have turned into a hypochondriac thinking I have every illness in the book especially dementia and am afraid of losing my mind and memory even though when I memory test myself my memory is as sharp as anything.
My theories as to what happened include: suffering a psychotic break or nervous breakdown. Going through a psychotic depression. Ocd thoughts getting the best of me. Lyme disease. A endocrine hormonal disorder, or plain old schizophrenia. I mean I'm aware of my thoughts and delusions, and the other thing I forgot to add is that I constantly hear music in my mind everyday that I cannot get rid of. Can this also be the stress of moving to a place that I didn't like that caused me to be like this along with a genetic predisposition since my father also has mental illness and at one time had delusions about the government?
Thanks for listening and any thoughts or insight would be appreciated!

Last edited by arod13; 03-24-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
(female)

brokensynapse HB User
Re: Does anyone have an opinion of possible

I think your gonna be okay, what your going through sounds hard, but not like schizophrenia, or schizoaffective. I don't know what it is, it is possible just extreme anxiety

Closed Thread