It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User
An update on my illness...

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted keep everybody posted on how I am doing. Since last week,
I have been having some trouble with my hallucinations. I have been trying to call my nurse practioner, and she has been on vacation. So I talked to her back up doctor about how I have been feeling. Her back up gave me a higher dose of my Risperdal. I am feeling a little bit better from the change in my Risperdal. Also I am still dealing with my OCD too, but I feel like my hallucinations are the worst.

I have been seeing people and talking to them, one of them wants me to kidnap and kill somebody that I know. I talked to my therapist and psychologist about what's going on, they think that I need a med change.
Also I am really paranoid again too, I am afraid to leave the house because I feel like somebody is going to get me. I just want to lock myself in the house, sit and stare at the walls again like I did in the summer of last year. I really need to talk to my nurse practioner, and she hasn't called me back yet. I do have a appointment with her next week, I just hope that I can hang in there until I see her.

Also my parent's are going to put me in a group home because they can't take care of me anymore. What are group home's like? I've never been in one before. Can somebody please tell me what they are like?

Any info would be great, thank you.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User
Re: A update on my illness

Last time I spoke to you you seemed to be doing so well. I'm sorry things have changed so much since then. Just keep up with the meds and keep talking about things to let it out. I have never been in a group home, but I am in college now, and I can't imagine a home being much worse than where I am now. I hate it and it's torture, but I gotta stick it out. Good luck with everything!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD607 View Post
Last time I spoke to you you seemed to be doing so well. I'm sorry things have changed so much since then. Just keep up with the meds and keep talking about things to let it out. I have never been in a group home, but I am in college now, and I can't imagine a home being much worse than where I am now. I hate it and it's torture, but I gotta stick it out. Good luck with everything!!!

Thank you MSD. Yeah I had my hallucinations under control, but now they are not under control. I have no idea why this is happening. I called my nurse practioner more than once, and she didn't return my phone calls! Anyway I do have another appointment with her this wednesday september 24th. I will let her know what has been going on. I am sorry to hear that you don't like college, I hope that things will get better for you soon. Let me know how you are doing. Also I will keep you posted on how I am doing too.

Take care and good luck in college! It's hard but you gotta do it.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Also I forgot to add about the group home. My parents are going to put me in a group home so I can learn how to live independatly from them and take better care of myself.
They are not going to lock me up in a mental instituition, they want me to take better care of myself. Sorry I didn't add that in my post, I just thought that I should mention that.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

Well I really hope you get better. I had an episode last night and my RA was about to call the hospital, but my roommate (thank god for her) told her to just talk to me and calm me down. So everything turned out alright for the time being...I hate it here so much and I feel myself getting worse everyday. Oh well. But I sincerely hope you get better soon!!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Hi MSD,

Thank you, I hope that you will get better soon too. I am sorry to hear that things are not going so good for you. I am glad that your roommate helped you feel better. I am trying really hard to stay in control. I have another appointment with my nurse practioner on this wednesday sept 24th. I will let you know what she said.

I really hope that things will get better for you. Keep me posted on how you are doing, I want to know.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Hi MSD and everybody else on here,

I am feeling better now. My nurse practioner changed the doses on my Risperdal and Luvox. I am feeling much better now, I am going back to my nurse practioner on October 22nd for another check-up on meds. I just thought that I should let you guys know that.

Take care!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I'm glad to hear you are doing better!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Yeah I was feeling better. Lately I have been having visions of kidnapping and hurting somebody that I know. The visions feel real to me and now I am wondering if I actually did that or not. I know that I didn't do it, but I can't help feeling this way. I saw my nurse practioner last wednesday oct 22nd. This happened right after I saw her, and I told my therapist about this. She thinks that it's apart of Schizophrenia, it's awful feeling and I have been having conversations with my hallucinations too lately.

My doctor upped the dose on my Luvox for my OCD. Am I feeling this way again because I got another higher dose on my Luvox for my OCD? Just wondering.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I do not think it has anything to do with the OCD medication, but I could be completely wrong. I think you should just tell everything to your therapist and let her decide why that is happening to you...I know it is very scary--I have be in a similar situation. Just breathe, relax, and continue on your medication. Feel better!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Hi MSD,

Thank you I will do that. I will keep on taking my medication, and I will keep on talking about it with my therapist. I hope that she can help me, it's a scary feeling. I hope that it will go away. Anyway how are you doing? How's School going? Just wondering is all.

I hope that everything is going good for you, I have been thinking about you. Take care and keep me posted on how you are doing.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I am not doing well. Everything is so stressful and I am taking such hard classes. I found a good pdoc at my school and I am going tomorrow. I told one of my professors about my illness and she is very supportive and offered to help me in any way possible, so I am thankful for her.

I hope you do keep me posted on how you are doing!!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD607 View Post
I am not doing well. Everything is so stressful and I am taking such hard classes. I found a good pdoc at my school and I am going tomorrow. I told one of my professors about my illness and she is very supportive and offered to help me in any way possible, so I am thankful for her.

I hope you do keep me posted on how you are doing!!
I am sorry to hear that things are not going so well for you at school. I really hope that things will get better for you. What kind of classes are you taking? Just wondering. College is hard, I know that because I've been there. If you are not happy with the classes that you are taking, you can change what you are majoring in. Also if you need help with your school work, I am sure that you can get a tutor to help you. Just a suggestion, and I am happy to hear that you are getting some support for your illness at school.

I really hope that school will get better for you, and I am happy that you found a doctor at your school for your illness. I am seeing a nurse practioner for my illness and medication. I was seeing a Psychiatrist, but that got changed when my Psychiatrist retired in July of this year. My nurse practioner is nice, but I still have my doubts about her like maybe she doesn't know very much about meds and what meds to give me. But that's just how I feel, maybe I am wrong.

Anyway I will keep you posted on how I am doing, and I hope that you will keep me posted on what's going on with you. Take good care of yourself and keep in touch.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

My major is bioengineering so right now I am taking classes like calc, chem, bio, technical communications, and exploring engineering. I'm taking A LOT this semester, but I HATE engineering, so I'm probably going to change my major soon since it's causing a lot of stress.

I think it's important that if you don't trust your nurse you get a doctor you can trust. You need to feel comfortable with everyone you talk with in this process of getting you better!!

Keep in touch!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #15
(female)

brittney777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sari05 View Post
I am sorry to hear that things are not going so well for you at school. I really hope that things will get better for you. What kind of classes are you taking? Just wondering. College is hard, I know that because I've been there. If you are not happy with the classes that you are taking, you can change what you are majoring in. Also if you need help with your school work, I am sure that you can get a tutor to help you. Just a suggestion, and I am happy to hear that you are getting some support for your illness at school.

I really hope that school will get better for you, and I am happy that you found a doctor at your school for your illness. I am seeing a nurse practioner for my illness and medication. I was seeing a Psychiatrist, but that got changed when my Psychiatrist retired in July of this year. My nurse practioner is nice, but I still have my doubts about her like maybe she doesn't know very much about meds and what meds to give me. But that's just how I feel, maybe I am wrong.

Anyway I will keep you posted on how I am doing, and I hope that you will keep me posted on what's going on with you. Take good care of yourself and keep in touch.
Hi Sari05,

I read your posts and hope that you work your way through this. You said that your pdoc retired in July, so I would consider finding another pdoc. Nurse practitioners are great, but they don't specialize in schizophrenia like pdocs too. Nurse practitioners are more general. If you find a good pdoc, he or she may be able to guide you better in the right direction.

Closed Thread