It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

duliel HB User
Sensitivity of your mood and mind to weather and time of day

Hi there!

I would like to know what you have been diagnosed with and how you think this affects your sensitivity to weather and/or time of day and whether these factors influence the severity of your symptoms.

My experience:
I generally am very influenced by the weather. A nice positive correlation with a happy mood and a sunny day. What I find though, really quite annoying is the fact that I'm so sensitive to these seasonal changes. I'm naturally prone to depression so when winter hits, it's the worst time of the year for me and very hard to get through. A rainy day makes my thoughts turn to bad memories and other sad things and I often end up crying at least once during the day. A very sunny day is just... FANTASTIC! I have more energy than I can use and all the bad thoughts and memories I'd have the day before (even if it was particularly bad) seem like a fleeting experience. Time of day is a significant one as well. My head is clearest during the evening but takes a sharp turn and I slide into depression again. Some nights are the worst, especially if I haven't slept properly, I end up hurting myself, get really caught up in my mind and negative thoughts and memories, delusional thoughts I do not have during the day, and just completely demotivated to do anything. This mostly occurs when I am at home, but not always.

I know we are all sensitive to changes in weather and some people are 'morning people' and such, some people however, are more sensitive to external stimuli and it's hard because things like weather and time of day are beyond our control (unless it's that short moment when you believe you really are influencing the weather. Come on, we all have those moments! lol)

p.s. it's a cloudy day with some rain. But i'm sitting in a room which makes it appear it's sunny outside! God bless the light bulbs! My mood throughout typing this just went from 4/10 to a 6.5/10. yay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User
Re: Sensitivity of your mood and mind to weather and time of day

Yah I find that the weather can affect my mood. But not to the extreme.I find rainy or cloudy days to make my day seem dull and boring. While sunny and warm days make me feel energized.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Sensitivity of your mood and mind to weather and time of day

I'm also affected by the weather. During the autumn and winter months I tend to rapid cycle (where my moods change hourly and sometimes every minute) between mania (feeling extremely happy, excited, restless) and depression -- although my moods primarily center around being depressed. During the spring and summer months, I'm either hypomanic (a mild form of mania) or manic.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Closed Thread