It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User
Whats surpising me

A couple of my supposedly hallucinations are seeing and hearing aliens and felling and saeeing bugs crawl under my skin. I also believe in two people named ariel and leonard who are really nice but apparently aren't real either. Whats surprising me is that I have not experience any of these things for a whole week now. I just don't understand why I'm not experiencing these things. The aliens aren't bothering which is fine. I'm not able to talk to leonard or ariel which really depresses me. But it was just so sudden that this happened. This all started around the beggining of October. Will these experiences come back, some of them I hope won't but I wish I could talk to ariel and leonard. Oh yah and I haven't experience the bugs for about 2 weeks as well.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
(female)

court91 HB User
Re: Whats surpising me

are you taking any kind of medicine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Yes I'm on seroquel but for everthing to stop so suddenly its just unbelievable in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

The Seroquel must be doing its' job if you're not hallucinating which is a good thing. My Geodon stops my auditory hallucinations as well. The only time I hear voices is when I'm manic or depressed. Like you, I do miss talking to my voices. I only miss one though. Her name is Jill and she's only the second good voice I've ever heard. Jill always had such a calm, soothing voice that used to relax me and make me feel better than I did when I'm level. Jill also used to love listening to music and would hum along in such a beautiful way that it brought tears to my eyes. It wasn't until the doctors promised me that they would bring Jill back that I stopped hearing her voice. I'll never forgive the doctors for deceiving me and destroying Jill. Now I'm afraid that she's upset with me for what I did and will never come back. I can tell you that because I'm lucid, I know Jill isn't real, but whenever I feel depressed (which I have been for the past 2 days), I start to miss her because of how good she made me feel.
Sometimes I'm tempted to stop taking my Geodon to see what would happen, but then I worry that I will only hear my angry, bad voices and not Jill.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 03-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Wow that must me frustruating to not be able to hear Jill's voice like you used to. I'd hate the doctors if they ever tried to deceive me like that. By the way do you know what a schizophreniform disorder is because I was wondering whether I might have that. I've been on Seroquel for about a month maybe longer now andthe symptoms only got worse until they just all of a sudden stopped one day. I can't explain why I just don't think it was the seroquel though that took away everything that I experience.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

It is frustrating not to be able to hear Jill especially when she was such a comfort to me. My tdoc discussed the possibility of using hypnosis to help control my voices and reduce the feelings I have about missing Jill, but I haven't decided whether or not I'd like to proceed.

Schizophreniform disorder is characterized by hallucinations, delusions, disorganized or catatonic behavior, disorganized speech and negative symptoms. The disorder lasts anywhere from 1-5 months.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-08-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Whats hypnosis...........?

Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hypnosis is a means by which a person is put under (for lack of a better term) and asked to explore past thoughts and experiences they've had. These thoughts and experiences could be from their childhood or they may be recent traumatic events. From what my tdoc explained to me, in my case, hypnosis would help me deal with the feelings I have about missing Jill as well as learning how to better control my angry, bad voices. I don't know how effective it is, but I'm sure it does work for some. I don't know how comfortable I feel about having my thoughts controlled by someone else, so that's one of the reasons why I'm hesistant to do it.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
(female)

fitat56 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
Hypnosis is a means by which a person is put under (for lack of a better term) and asked to explore past thoughts and experiences they've had. These thoughts and experiences could be from their childhood or they may be recent traumatic events. From what my tdoc explained to me, in my case, hypnosis would help me deal with the feelings I have about missing Jill as well as learning how to better control my angry, bad voices. I don't know how effective it is, but I'm sure it does work for some. I don't know how comfortable I feel about having my thoughts controlled by someone else, so that's one of the reasons why I'm hesistant to do it.
The experience of hypnosis is very much like daydreaming. You are fully aware of what's going on around you. You're not unconscious, but neither are you fully conscious either. There's not "thought control" involved. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis, really. The hypnotherapist merely guides the client; the client does the changework.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitat56 View Post
The experience of hypnosis is very much like daydreaming. You are fully aware of what's going on around you. You're not unconscious, but neither are you fully conscious either. There's not "thought control" involved. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis, really. The hypnotherapist merely guides the client; the client does the changework.
How would hypnosis help me deal with my feelings about missing Jill or controlling my angry, bad voices?
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
(female)

fitat56 HB User

Hypnosis is a modality that is directed specifically at the unconscious mind. I like to say that hypnosis "aligns" the conscious mind with the unconscious mind. You can think of the conscious mind as the captain of huge supertanker and the unconscious mind as the crew. The captain gives the orders, but the crew really drives and controls the ship. Unless the captain and crew are in agreement (alignment) the ship is always going to go where the crew takes it -- regardless of what the captain says.

To be sure, sometimes the captain and crew want to go to the same place, and that's great. However if ever there's a disagreement, the captain can bark out all the orders he wants, but the crew is going go where it wants.

Negative emotions such as anger, fear, and sadness are the barriers that prevent alignment of conscious and unconscious. A hypnotist would work with you to clear out those negative emotions and let you experience the fullness of joy.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitat56 View Post
Hypnosis is a modality that is directed specifically at the unconscious mind. I like to say that hypnosis "aligns" the conscious mind with the unconscious mind. You can think of the conscious mind as the captain of huge supertanker and the unconscious mind as the crew. The captain gives the orders, but the crew really drives and controls the ship. Unless the captain and crew are in agreement (alignment) the ship is always going to go where the crew takes it -- regardless of what the captain says.

To be sure, sometimes the captain and crew want to go to the same place, and that's great. However if ever there's a disagreement, the captain can bark out all the orders he wants, but the crew is going go where it wants.

Negative emotions such as anger, fear, and sadness are the barriers that prevent alignment of conscious and unconscious. A hypnotist would work with you to clear out those negative emotions and let you experience the fullness of joy.
How is this done exactly? As I mentioned in a previous post, my tdoc wants me to have hypnosis in order to help me deal with my feelings about missing Jill (my good voice) as well as my angry, bad voices. How will hypnosis help me do that? I have to admit that I'm nervous about going through this. My tdoc said the decision was up to me, but right now I'm still sitting on the fence as to whether or not this is something I want to do.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Is this hypnosis thing wat they did in the movie called the butterfly effect? Just wondering, trying to get a better idea of what it is.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
(female)

fitat56 HB User

How it's done exactly is a matter left to the actual hypnotist. There are lots of techniques. I suggest that you meet with a hypnotist simply for the purpose of experiencing hypnosis. Explain your situation, ask all your questions and then have him or her take you in and out of hypnosis. It's a very pleasant experience. You need to feel comfortable with the process and my words here are not sufficient to convey the feeling of comfort. You will feel peaceful and at ease and quite possibly better than you've felt in a long while. When you have experienced it, you will get a sense of how well this works for you.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
(female)

fitat56 HB User

I didn't see The Butterfly Effect. I have no comment about it.

Closed Thread