It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
(male)

ummyeahjustdoit HB User
getting taken seriously

not meaning to sound like a hate preacher or anything but
i was wondering how other people do getting taken seriously in the system and how it affects or has affected them do you see it as a place you go to for a chat or some sort of roach motel?

personally i find it very hard to talk with them..have never actually told them the truth or my history which would be required yes i kept them entertained and told them how i was currently for a little while but that's about it
in return i wasn't taken seriously and given a flimsy at best instant diagnosis whilst being misunderstood 80 percent of the time
ive seen other psychotics in they're "prime" and they are completely different to me i was controlled happy and quiet even if i was the most depressed i had ever been (the actual episode and the fallout)
i occasionally have my creative moments and aggression (never told them about that either) and my manic depression which they ignored along with a silly serious childhood thing they didn't seem to understand
occasionally i will have to deal with a stalker due to some bad personal choices and have to try not to fall into they're trained ways in many aspects they are more unstable than i yet i am the one they labeled so
i don't take my meds and i don't need them i achieved partial remission and the part i kept is probably the part you want
from my own personal experiences i would say its something to be avoided for someone in my situation ide just rather not know they dont even deserve my experiences

Last edited by ummyeahjustdoit; 09-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread