It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
(male)

blackjack777 HB User
major depression or sch

HI IAM NEW ON THIS BOARD.I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH MAJOR DEPRESSION BY A PSYCHIATRIST.I AM CURRENTLY TAKING ZYPREXA AND PROZAC.MY PROBLEM IS ALL MY SYMTOMS ARE THOSE OF SCHITZO I GET VERY PARANOID STILL HAVING AUDITORY HALUSINASIONS.DALUSIONS ARE BETTER.MY QESTION IS WHY DID HE TELL ME I HAVE MAJOR DEPRESSION EVEN THOUGHT IAM TAKING ZYPREXA FOR HEARING VIOCES AND PROZAC FOR DEPRESSION.THANKS FOR REPLYING,DONT MIND MY SPLELLING.

Last edited by blackjack777; 11-12-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
(female)

untraceable HB User
Re: major depression or sch

If you are severely depressed while having these symptoms, then the symptoms might just be from depression. If you have them whatever your mood, it's probably schizoaffective or schizophrenia with depression. Mood disorders can have "schizo" like symptoms if they are severe enough. Don't get caught up with a diagnosis or what the meds you're on are for--they're used for many different purposes including: depression, anxiety, OCD spectrum, personality disorders, bipolar spectrum, and schizophrenia spectrum illnesses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
(male)

blackjack777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by untraceable View Post
If you are severely depressed while having these symptoms, then the symptoms might just be from depression. If you have them whatever your mood, it's probably schizoaffective or schizophrenia with depression. Mood disorders can have "schizo" like symptoms if they are severe enough. Don't get caught up with a diagnosis or what the meds you're on are for--they're used for many different purposes including: depression, anxiety, OCD spectrum, personality disorders, bipolar spectrum, and schizophrenia spectrum illnesses.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
(male)

blackjack777 HB User

thanks that really helps,but i even hear vioces when i am happy.it is always bad vioces when i am in public places saying bad things about me and i cant tell if they are or not.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
(male)

8800GTS HB User

Hey, this is an interesting thread.

Think of it in a VERY simple way:

Schizophrenia - is basically, "psychotic symptoms..."

Clinical Depression - is basically, "Depression to the point where it effects all areas of your life..."

The thing with bipolar - which CAN be depression with hypomania (Bipolar II) can give you psychosis when you are only depressed... It doesn't matter what mood you have when or whether you have psychosis before or after your mood changes. Most of the time - psychosis changes your mood - because it makes you feel uncomfortable... Obviously - if you're hearing voices - that are talking about you - voices that redicule you - you're going to be mad, sad, depressed, etc...

One thing you gotta realize - ALL these illnesses are SO closely linked - they're all basically invented illnesses with specifically chosen categories of symptoms... Thats ALL they are! You can have bipolar, then you could have schizophrenia... But then you could have BOTH... Different doctors will come up with different diagnosis's when you go in for second or third opinions... Its just how it works. Its all trial and error - there are NO answers...

My opinion - is that you have clinical depression. And that if your depression gets low enough - you become psychotic. See - thats to be expected though. If anyone gets stressed out - to the point where they become depressed and are unable to look after themselves... They can and do become psychotic. Its the brains way of saying, "Overload... Don't know what to do with all the stress..." So you're mind takes it out on you. First - physically, then emotionally... And once it gets you down low enough - you become overwhelmed and THEN - you can become psychotic. (Its basically the bodies last resort of dealing with stress)

Anyways, don't think so much about the DIAGNOSIS; as to the importance of looking after and dealing with your SYMPTOMS... Learn to ACCEPT your symptoms - and learn to deal with them one day at a time. You'll pull through.

Thanks,
8800gts

Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
(male)

Raymond1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8800GTS View Post
Hey, this is an interesting thread.

Think of it in a VERY simple way:

Schizophrenia - is basically, "psychotic symptoms..."

Clinical Depression - is basically, "Depression to the point where it effects all areas of your life..."

The thing with bipolar - which CAN be depression with hypomania (Bipolar II) can give you psychosis when you are only depressed... It doesn't matter what mood you have when or whether you have psychosis before or after your mood changes. Most of the time - psychosis changes your mood - because it makes you feel uncomfortable... Obviously - if you're hearing voices - that are talking about you - voices that redicule you - you're going to be mad, sad, depressed, etc...

One thing you gotta realize - ALL these illnesses are SO closely linked - they're all basically invented illnesses with specifically chosen categories of symptoms... Thats ALL they are! You can have bipolar, then you could have schizophrenia... But then you could have BOTH... Different doctors will come up with different diagnosis's when you go in for second or third opinions... Its just how it works. Its all trial and error - there are NO answers...

My opinion - is that you have clinical depression. And that if your depression gets low enough - you become psychotic. See - thats to be expected though. If anyone gets stressed out - to the point where they become depressed and are unable to look after themselves... They can and do become psychotic. Its the brains way of saying, "Overload... Don't know what to do with all the stress..." So you're mind takes it out on you. First - physically, then emotionally... And once it gets you down low enough - you become overwhelmed and THEN - you can become psychotic. (Its basically the bodies last resort of dealing with stress)

Anyways, don't think so much about the DIAGNOSIS; as to the importance of looking after and dealing with your SYMPTOMS... Learn to ACCEPT your symptoms - and learn to deal with them one day at a time. You'll pull through.

Thanks,
8800gts
It's really a nice discussion. Thank you for sharing your information. Depression is all about stressing yourself for nothing. I think even by biofeedback training we can avoid stress.

Last edited by Raymond1; 12-14-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User

Hi ,I donít know about your life .
But do you think that you can reorganize your life ,like improve it .
Like working more ,may be ,having a new job ,working full time 8 hours a day or more ,
A work that is useful for the society you know ,and laughing a lot ,every day ,with several pals .
May be you already have that ?.Just in case .
Because that change the mood and the psyche a lot .

Blackjack it was a pleasure .

Closed Thread