It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
(male)

SandersJ HB User
Thought Broadcasting

I was on another forum site and noticed somebody else expirienced thought broadcasting. I couldn't remember the site so I came here hopeing I could find someone at this site. I had thought broadcasting for 13 years and it was extremely painful, 2 suicide attempts and thinking about suicide almost every day. Mostly I thought I was hurting people but lowering their self image by noticeing imperfections and having strong feelings about them. Sexual pictures were the other half of it, my imagination would come up with the worst, most feared thoughts, pictures and feelings it could come up with. I also didn't know what was happing in reality, I would come up with very scary scenarios and I was in a constant panic. I was misdiagnosed with agorophobia with panic disorder to start. I thought I was supposed to keep it a secret. If anyone else had thought broadcasting (I thought everybody could read my mind and each others minds, I just couldn't read minds) I would love to hear how it affected you.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
(male)

bigplay HB User
Re: Thought Broadcasting

In a way i think some forms of thoughtbroadcasting is real, read up on subvocalizing. I think that some people who suffer from hearing voices, there are severals for that, but i have thoughtbroadcasting, not with pictures in my head thinking that people can see those, but i seem to be able to throw my thoughts most of the time accidentally. What i mean is, i subvocalize in my throat and now that i've learned that some people can hear other people's subvocalizing, (If they're not subvocalizing in their own mind because no human can hear your thoughts in your mind) but if you're moving any speech organs, which are in your throat, which also includes your tongue, larynx, voice box, tonsils and more, then some people can hear you. Because i was in the store, and i lost control of my "Inner voice" and i was saying negative things because i was anxious and i heard one guy said that he could hear me in the back of my throat. People can read facial expressions and throats, and that's my problem, i hope you don't have that problem any more with your form of thoughtbroadcasting, because people reading people seems to be an invasion of privacy. Believe me, you are not alone, people really do suffer from thoughtbroadcasting, sometimes though, maybe for some, its just subvocalizing in the wrong place, though i could be wrong.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-12-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: please do not quote when you are the first to reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
(female)

AmVan HB User
Re: Thought Broadcasting

I relate to the first of your post 100%! You put it to words so well. I always thought I was hurting people with my thoughts. I still believe I do this. It's very traumatising and don't know what to do about it.

I think I'm building a thick skin and even so, it troubles me to the point of having to get up and leave the room. My forner p doc walked me through a lot of this and that strengthen me a great deal, but I still don't know what's real or not.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-31-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Closed Thread