It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
(male)

tariqa HB User
I think my "disorder" is really a spirtual one..i think my mind is fine

im not saying that Schizophrenia doesnt exist
i just think its highly over-diagnosed
i think most people that suffer from some of the symptoms i have are just weak hearted as i was or effected by some spiritual illness

i also find it funny that doctors can diagnose you with something they themselves can barely prove exist..

i see mental illness as a little more or less then a theory..

even thought the ailments usually stop when taking medication
i dont think this clearly explains that medication works..

nor therapy

i see the medication as an indication that the symptoms have been suppressed

the ailment masked
just because the symptoms of the disorder or gone to their liken, doesnt mean they are still there..

thats just my thought

Old 12-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
(female)

cerajoan HB Usercerajoan HB User
Re: I think my "disorder" is really a spirtual one..i think my mind is fine

I agree with you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
(male)

aztecquibec HB User

yes i agree although Ive been dealing with schizophrenia on and off my whole life due to childhood drug problems and what can only be described as torture
in that time Ive noticed a few too many things such as how you can talk through people and send visual hallucinations to each other in certain circumstance and how the practice of denying the existence of such events can distort a persons world view of others and themselves with possibly unpredictable results
personally Ive had no luck with therapy and like to keep to myself and avoid the mental health services at all cost's due to beliefs they hold caused by the other patients which can range from cannibalism to bizarre sexual practice unfortunately they themselves are often users with certain individuals affected by suppressed memory's caused by myself during one of my childhood adventures with visible organs which to the individual simply means i wont remember anyway so im gonna rape you
but in regard to the true spiritual side of it reality is blue whats under it is red and the day you have to mentally condition an alien so it wont eat you is a day you would rather forget

Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
(female)

AmVan HB User

I can relate to what you're saying, but I don't feel that way right now. My spiritual strength has gotten me through so much and just a year or so ago I thought the whole "DSM" and psychiatry was a farce. To me all I felt I needed to do was face whatever came up. I felt like I was on a much higher plane. My "insights" are revisited on me and I try to intergrate it all which is hard to keep up with . I believe it all ties in but I believe in psychiatry and medication too. There's certainly a lot less stress and psychosis without it. I hope I'm addressing the same thing you're talking about. Talking about our mental illness is so hard. It is for me, anyway. I seldom can express what it's like to be schizophrenic.

I am new here and hope to find my way around okay. I've been DXed with schoaffectiveness, depersonalization, derealization and borderline personality disorder and deal with "unreality" most all the time. I function quite well, though. I have good days.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
(female)

FLsWomen HB User

I agree with the first post! I know that I have beliefs, thoughts, behaviors, etc that society feels is abnormal or an "illness". However, YOU ARE CORRECT that the DSM is THEORY and NOT fact. NO medical tests have proven a chemical imbalance. The human being is not just a body, we have a spirit as well. You should read R.D Laing and Grof. Grof is the founder of Transpersonal psychology, I think you would find it very interesting.

The whole mental health system is run by Big Pharma, it is based on lies and greed to make trillions of dollars off of people labeled as sick. Its false.

The "illnesses" in the DSM are created by a group of rich white men who sat around a decided what what is an illness and what isnt. "Is homosexuality an illness anymore?" "Hmmm...nah..lets take that one out of the DSM.."

So how is something an illness one day and not the next? Is cancer an illness one day and not the next? NO because cancer is real. "MENTAL" illness, is SOCIALLY constructed. It has no biological basis.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
(female)

AmVan HB User

Mental illness feels pretty real to me.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
(female)

mes219 HB User

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=741954

Copy and paste if you will. FLsWomen I completely AGREE!! I am never taking the meds again. NO matter what.
To me it isnt worth it. I you or anybody should know they have the power to over come "MENTAL ILLNESS" however I do not believe even exists.

Last edited by mes219; 04-04-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User

I think meds for mental illness should only be used to treat physical ailments or really bad mental thoughts of hurting one self or othes but it must be with cognitive therapy. Meds without someone to help your thinking process is a waste of time.

Meds might keep a person from killing themself which is necessary for the moment but if there is no cognitive therapy with that, the person will still think the thoughts!

I have major anxiety which turns into shortness of breath and stomach upset nausea all day for days, months, years. Med help me from getting a stomach ulcer or passing out from hyperventalating, but it is the cognitive therapy that helps me have less panic attacks untill I can carry on stronger till I won't need the meds.

Meds without cognitive therapy is harmful! We can't just suppress the mind with drugs we need to change the mind! We need to change the way we think! That's what really makes a person happy, their thoughts! Not the meds! That's what I think.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #9
(female)

joanfarrell HB User
Talking Re: I think my "disorder" is really a spirtual one..i think my mind is fine

hi im so excited just joined , i think my mind is fine too and it is all spiritual , they can nearly convince you that it isnt with all the ********, had this now for 7 years and im grand but am on medication ,my mother insists and thats the law shes my gaurdian (in ireland) , i kept telling her i was fine and that it was a change of life , problem is shes never experianced anything like "schziophrenia"which i too believe dosnt exsist i have been diagnosed schizo affective disorder , you cant define individuality , but i too believe in talking to people visual telepathy or something, sometimes i spend all day and night at it, trying to talk to everybody i can think of to find my infinity and beyonds, true love or something , well i believe ive made true friends. i hate the medication it makes me tired depressed nearly a different person , i use to be a bit everything more fun , but when youve no choice i guess you get used to it and the spirit prevails, ye i think its all just theory too,i dont know.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
(male)

hajidude HB User

thank you. all a "mental illness" is is a deviation from the norm, and that freaks people out. they would rather maintain thier little minds and call you crazy rather than understand your reality

Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #11
(female)

mes219 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqa View Post
im not saying that Schizophrenia doesnt exist
i just think its highly over-diagnosed
i think most people that suffer from some of the symptoms i have are just weak hearted as i was or effected by some spiritual illness

i also find it funny that doctors can diagnose you with something they themselves can barely prove exist..

i see mental illness as a little more or less then a theory..

even thought the ailments usually stop when taking medication
i dont think this clearly explains that medication works..

nor therapy

i see the medication as an indication that the symptoms have been suppressed

the ailment masked
just because the symptoms of the disorder or gone to their liken, doesnt mean they are still there..

thats just my thought

I completely agree

Closed Thread