It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

srcmama23 HB User
Question Am I schizophrenic?

Hello. Im new to this board. I just wanted to ask some people with this disorder if they think I might have it. Im scared to talk to my doctor because I dont want to be embarrassed.
Well I have generalized anxiety disorder and OCD and im also a very paranoid person.
Im scared that ive developed schizophrenia or its just me making myself think that I do, I tend to do that to myself! lol
Anyways I just got put on paxil for all of that been on it for about a month. Im upping the dose from 12.5 to 25 mg. I have noticed that whenever the tv or its loud in my house i think I keep hearing someone wispering my name. I gnore it because I know that no is saying it. Its not constant its like it comes and goes. I really only notice it if im thinking about it. Ive always been scared of getting schizoprehina. Now im afraid im developing it. I also get really paranoid and have scary thoughts that repeat, im told thats OCD. I know everything else I have is due to GAD. Im just worried its more and Im a paranoid schizophrenic. Please let me know what you think? Thank you all comments are apreciated!

Last edited by srcmama23; 02-03-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
(female)

cerajoan HB Usercerajoan HB User
Re: Am I schizophrenic?

I have schizophrenia and in my opinion I don't think you have it. It sounds like you're worrying a lot but nothing you describe is schizophrenia in my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

kathyIS54 HB User

Please do not be embaressed with your doctor be honest, be truthful, then they can help you, that is what they are there for.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
(female)

Leslieslsa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcmama23 View Post
Hello. Im new to this board. I just wanted to ask some people with this disorder if they think I might have it. Im scared to talk to my doctor because I dont want to be embarrassed.
Well I have generalized anxiety disorder and OCD and im also a very paranoid person.
Im scared that ive developed schizophrenia or its just me making myself think that I do, I tend to do that to myself! lol
Anyways I just got put on paxil for all of that been on it for about a month. Im upping the dose from 12.5 to 25 mg. I have noticed that whenever the tv or its loud in my house i think I keep hearing someone wispering my name. I gnore it because I know that no is saying it. Its not constant its like it comes and goes. I really only notice it if im thinking about it. Ive always been scared of getting schizoprehina. Now im afraid im developing it. I also get really paranoid and have scary thoughts that repeat, im told thats OCD. I know everything else I have is due to GAD. Im just worried its more and Im a paranoid schizophrenic. Please let me know what you think? Thank you all comments are apreciated!
Actually that sort of thing can be caused by having anxiety disorder as well. I have been diagnosed with like 6 different mental disorders, and my ocd made me wildly hallucinate and become extremely paranoid. I am also bipolar and when I go manic I tend to hallucinate here and there. (They have said I may have schitzophrenia, too) But I have been told that this is normal for these disorders as well. It sounds like you may have some out of control ocd or something. I found that Luvox and Risperdal were a good combination. They should probably out you on a mild antipsychotic to help the paranoia.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
(male)

tws1 HB User

i was diagnosed with schizophrenia 13 years ago and when i`m about to have an episode i really do think the tv is talking to me, it`s one of my first signs together with not sleeping. to me it sounds a little different to what your experiencing but please dont be embarrassed to tell your doctor as the sooner you can find out whats happening the better chance you`ll have of fixing the problem.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
(female)

09rachel1018 HB User

Hey,

You sound EXACTLY like me last year!! Last year i was diagnosed with GAD and i was CONVINCED i was schitzophrenic basically for the same reasons as you (not legit reasons). So since then i got on zoloft and all of my anxiety about everything (including having schitzophrenia) have gone away soo much and i can think so much more clear now. wait until you up your mg of your medication and see how fast u realize u are no schitzophrenic. **aslo, schitzophrenia is EXTREMELY heredity, so chances are if no one in your family has ever had it, you just cannot develope it. period... trust me, you are not schitzophrenic! : )

Closed Thread