It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

MidnightSpell HB User
He's a schizophrenic, and I think I love him...

I'm 14 years old, and I've recently broken up with my schizophrenic boyfriend. I'm not sure wether it's love, or just a strong teenage crush, but I care about him with all my heart. We've discussed getting back together, but I found it so hard to cope last time and I never knew how to handle it. I've read up on it and I've come to understand the symptoms more, and I think that I, and my friends, mistaked those symptoms for ignorance and insensitivity. I've been told that being with a schizophrenic will be hard, and I'm scared that everyone will think I'm being ignorant of what they believe as insensitivity, even though I will recognise them as symptoms. If there is anyone who has any advice, I would much appreciate it. Thank you.

x

Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: He's a schizophrenic, and I think I love him...

how do you know he has schizophrenia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
(female)

MidnightSpell HB User

He told me so, and I trust him. And I've recognised a lot of the symptoms. That is a very good question, actually. He's sixteen, so I'm sure he'd recognise it. Anyway, who would lie about something like that?

x

Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

ok but is this just his diagnosis that he has it, or has he seen a psychiatrist who has diagnosed him?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

MidnightSpell HB User

I'm not sure. But if he hasn't properly been diagnosed, should I encourage him to see a psychiatrist?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

yes definately! He can't just decide on his own that he has a mental illness.....what is he basing this statement on?

Closed Thread