It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

ucs412 HB User
Am I Schizophrenic??? Please help?

I've suffered from depression and anxiety since my teens. Then when I was 20 I hallucinated something and heard something. It then went away, but I was hospitalized when I was 30 for severe depression, didn't hallucinate then but was have disturbing thoughts....I knew they weren't real tho. Now ten years later I'm having those disturbing, intrusive thoughts and I can't get rid of them....very scary. I'm anxious and depressed b/c of them. I was hospitalized about 6 months ago b/c I was suicidal. Not sure what is happening to me, but I don't know if I've been mis-diagnosed. I don't have any thoughts of someone telling me to do anything and I know my thoughts are fake, but make me feel horrible. I feel very confused and detached from things and people. If anyone can help me understand, not sure what I really am now. I feel completely lost. I'm on anti-depressants now and was on them for 10 years and then went off them and this all started up after about 6 months.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
Re: Am I Schizophrenic??? Please help?

Your thoughts are probably related to depression or anxiety/OCD. Schizophrenics don't know their thoughts aren't real, that's why they're delusional - you seem pretty aware of what's going on and to understand yourself pretty well; highly doubt you're schizophrenic. Why did you go off the ADs, can you go back on them if they helped?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
(female)

ucs412 HB User
Re: Am I Schizophrenic??? Please help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digmusic View Post
Your thoughts are probably related to depression or anxiety/OCD. Schizophrenics don't know their thoughts aren't real, that's why they're delusional - you seem pretty aware of what's going on and to understand yourself pretty well; highly doubt you're schizophrenic. Why did you go off the ADs, can you go back on them if they helped?
I went of the AD's b/c of financial reasons (big mistake) - lost insurance b/c of a job. Then the stress starting building up and I think that is what took me down. I'm back on the same ones now, but it's been 4 weeks and I still don't feel that much better. I thought they would take effect by now. Money is tight, so it's hard to see a psychiatrist, b/c I think it will be a fortune. My regular doctor just prescribed the anti-depressants for now, but not sure if I should be on an anti-psychotic drug too. Thanks for your help!!

Closed Thread