It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Question Resperdal effects years later

Hi I am new here and was wondering if anyone can give me help on this medication I took fews years ago called resperdal to treat my visual hallucinations. I took it for about a year and had a horrible side effect of producing breast milk so I had to stop it right away and start another drug. I am still a virgin so am afraid of that effect.

My GP doctor said it was a normal side effect of resperdal to increase levels of prolactin hormone in the body and that I shouldn't worry. But now about 4 years later I still have white dry paste like discarge from my nipples. I try to squeeze them out about once a week, it's very little but still coming out for years! Anyone get this and how do I make it stop? Thanks for any help

Old 03-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
(female)

AmVan HB User
Re: Resperdal effects years later

I used to get the white paste stuff too. I would squeeze it out almost daily. My gyn said it was just the milk glands and it was nothing to worry about. I was in my 20s at the time and it just quit on it's on. Ask your gyn to feel better about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmVan View Post
I used to get the white paste stuff too. I would squeeze it out almost daily. My gyn said it was just the milk glands and it was nothing to worry about. I was in my 20s at the time and it just quit on it's on. Ask your gyn to feel better about it.
Thanks that does make me feel better! I thought I was the only one that got this side effect. I did more research and found out that squeezing causes the body to produce more so not squeezing is how to make it stop. I guess my fanatic brain of wanting to get rid of it made it make more. I will try not to think or squeeze and maybe it will go away for good.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
(female)

Lonely810810 HB User

I have the same problem but I take Risperdal Consta 50mg shots every two weeks I have milk coming from my nipples and haven't had a period in like 8 months.I thought I was pregnant but wasn't she said <my doc> that risperdal can cause an increase in pralactin just like the other poster put but I freaked out too.I thought I had breast cancer and other things but I am still taking the shot because it seems to help a little more than other meds.I glad I am not the only one going through this alone.Thankyou for posting!-Lonely

Closed Thread