It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
(male)

TryAgain121 HB User
Visual Symptoms, Schizophrenia, and Social Anxiety

I have been having strange visual occurances, on occasion. They used to be only fleeting multi-colored dots in my vision, but I've hard colored "blotches" that will block whole sections of my sight, and most recently I've seen "rain drops" that appeared randomly around me, which actually startled me when it was happening. I don't know if these could be considered "hallucinations" which would be a symptom of schizophrenia.

Another thing that concerns me is my very persistent and only-deepening social anxiety, my psychiatrist, after some convincing, thought it might spill a little bit over to paranoia. So he prescribed me a "baby dose" of risperidone, I think it helped "somewhat" but am not sure what it was alleviating specifically. Is it possible I have a mild version of schizophrenia?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: Visual Symptoms, Schizophrenia, and Social Anxiety

Colored dots and rain like visuals and color blotches sounds like visual snow more than schizophrenia. I have visual snow and see static 24/7. there is a website forum for visual snow on the web, you might want to check that out also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
(male)

TryAgain121 HB User

Thanks for the reply, I will check into this! Even if it isn't schizo, it is still a frightening symptom and I would like it resolved. But the persistent, and extreme nature of my social anxiety still makes me pause. My psych said the SA I had made it into the top ten, I'm not sure what is causing it.

Last edited by hb-mod; 03-23-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Removed Quote of immediately preceding post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User

many of us have terrible anxiety issues too. But we are still trying to figure out what the cause of the visuals are, < edited > because there is no cure yet for visual snow

Last edited by hb-mod; 03-23-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Please do not post disallowed Internet websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
(female)

AmVan HB User

I used to see all different sizes of bouncing orbs of light when I was psychotic. A couple of times, anyway. I knew another girl that saw the balls too. I was DXed as bipolar at the time. Schizoaffective now. Your psychiatrist is the best one to tell you about any mental illness. He will know or will find out in time.

Closed Thread