It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
(male)

old gravy HB User
Thumbs up Schizoid Personality Disorder

First time user so hello to everyone. Can be interactive with others as long as I can control the situation I'm in, but always feel better when I'm alone in my own safe place where I don't have to deal with anyone. Finaly got so bad with anxiety and anger issues I am off work and on FMLA to keep from getting fired. Started phsycotherapy last week, had wife go with me to convince her that I don't hate her, I just want to be alone where I don't bother anyone and no one will bother me. Don't really have depression issues, but have been diagnosed with depression for the past three years. Kind of explains why anti-depressants had no effect. I don't have an axe to grind with anybody, I just would rather be by myself. Is that so bad? I stay busy(yes I am compulsive-obsessive) keeping the house in good shape (yes can do all the work myself) keep myself cleaned up, and am very self sufficient. So what's the problem besides the fantasies, the yearning for companionship, wishing I could take my grandson to places he would really enjoy without me having an anxiety attack because of all those strangers around me.
Yes, it's a wonderful life-both of them. Am curious about how others like me feel and how you cope. Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread