It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

gma2 HB User
Question major advice needed!!

Ok here is my problem,I have a 23 yr old daughter that is getting a divorce from her high school lover, and now she is envolved with this great guy whom I have just recently found out that he has been diagnoed with Schizophrenia. This guy is the most adoring person and I just love him and my daughter just recently explained his situation to me only because I kept asking her why he don't have a job. I was starting to think that he was out selling drugs or whatever, just wanted to know how he was paying his bills. I was really relieved to hear that he had this problem instead of out dealing dope. I work in the medical field and also at one time was married to a paranoid schizophrenia and it was the worst time of my life!! My daughter and he get along great, but the other week she called me and told me that he was having problems and that he wanted me to come visit with them and while I was there he then told me that he has been hearing voices. I guess what I really want to know from anyone that has dealt with or anyone that is in the same state of mind as he is, what can I do to help this young man and my daughter too? I am afraid that maybe she could be in some danger, I don't know because he tells me that he would never hurt her in any way!!! So PLEASE if anyone out there could maybe give me some kind of relief or advice ur opinion would be gratefully appreciated!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
(male)

anoxae HB User
Re: major advise needed!!

The first thing I can tell you is that, like most people, schizophrenic people fear any sort of confrontation, and more importantly, violent confrontation. If he is hearing voices, make it a point to remind him to tell his psychiatrist that. If he doesn't have a regular psychiatrist, maybe you could help him find one?

Obviously I don't know the guy, but I seriously doubt your daughter is in any more danger than being with someone that is depressed, bipolar, or a Jonas Brothers fan. Actually, I take that back. I'd be very concerned for your daughter's well being if he's a Jonas Brothers fan.

I hope that helps!

Cheers

Last edited by anoxae; 07-04-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
(male)

M1chae1 HB User
Re: major advice needed!!

Honestly gma2, there really isn't much you can do for him. Its my understanding that once the voices come they don't leave. Does he pray?

Old 07-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
(male)

anoxae HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1chae1 View Post
Honestly gma2, there really isn't much you can do for him. Its my understanding that once the voices come they don't leave. Does he pray?
It depends on what medication(s) works best for you, really. I haven't heard voices in a very long time.

Some people can't find anything that works, which sucks, and I can only hope he's not one of those people.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxae View Post
It depends on what medication(s) works best for you, really. I haven't heard voices in a very long time.

Some people can't find anything that works, which sucks, and I can only hope he's not one of those people.
What medications are you taking?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
(male)

anoxae HB User

Olanzapine

Or Zyprexa... a Canadian judge ruled the Zyprexa patent invalid in 2009, so it's quite a bit cheaper up here if you get the generic brand.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxae View Post
Olanzapine

Or Zyprexa... a Canadian judge ruled the Zyprexa patent invalid in 2009, so it's quite a bit cheaper up here if you get the generic brand.
Ok, I take Zyprexa too. Thanks for posting

Old 07-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Thats the stuff this person your talking about needs gma2

Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Cres HB User

Much better you will bring him to the hospital right away. Let him to drink medicine.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Cres HB User

I think much better you can do is bring him to the hospital so that the doctor will give him the right medicine. He have to drink medicine for the rest of his life.

Closed Thread