It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

PeggyLuXXX HB User
I need to find a decent U.K (Private) Psychiatrist as my NHS one is rubbish! Thanks!!

- - - - -
WARNING:
POSSIBLE TRIGGER - MENTIONED: Suicide and Self-Harming
This is in no way meant to cause others to do anything dangerous.
Please seek help if you feel at risk.
Thank you.
- - - - -

Hi there,

I have been having Hallucinations since the age of 13. I see some strange things.
I also have Auditory Hallucinations too (where I hear things).

I will tell you about some of the things I see and hear....

I see large black hooded cloaked figures mostly. Sometimes they talk in Male and sometimes in Female voices. Sometimes they say nothing.

Ever since I was young I have always thought that I was born and put on this earth to find the purpose of life and that when I did find out, the Government would want to Interview me and take me away.

Even now, I see men sent from the Military following me. I know they are from the Army, etc.. as I see their uniform and see their guns. If I stop and turn around, I see them hiding from me so I won't see them but it is too late. I have already seen them.

I think that when I had a Breast Reduction on the NHS, the Government sent in somebody, like somebody disguised as a Docter/Nurse but was really a spy who implanted something inside of me. I can feel it and one of my scars is bigger than the other which tells me they had to make a bigger inscision into one of my breasts to implant the device deep below the muscle. With this device, they are attempting to read my mind and track where I am going.

I think that when I am out, people are going to hurt me. They are trying to read my thoughts and I know that if I make direct eye contact, if they concentrate, they can read my thoughts and from this they too will know that I am going to discover the meaning/secret of life. I don't want to be taken away from my family.
I only have my Mum and my Ex-Boyfriend as a friend. I don't easily make friends as I am suspicious of everyone.

People say I am paranoid. I really hate it that people say I am "SPONGING DISABILITY OFF OF THE STATE".
I have worked as a waitress since I was 13 years old for low, low wages. I tried to funciton like a 'Normal Person' as they said. I have worked, been to College for 4 years and came out with a good Education. But then the "Schizo" or BPD (I will get to this in a minute) got a lot worse.

I have Self-Harmed for years and years. It gives me a release that nothing else can. It is like swapping something for something better. The pain that I have for something refreshing. I feel re-born when I harm! I have attempted suicide on a number of times of occasions.

Each time I have heard voices telling me I should die. Then, I hear a pleasant voice reminding me that I have a meaning and telling me not to do anything stupid. I know it sounds silly biut the voice is so powerful and controlling, it is like I *HAVE* to follow what it is saying.

The voices I hear are Demonic and I know they are from Satan. When I was younger, I used to worship Satan then I stopped and he became angry. He demanded I **** my new Lhasa-Apso puppy for him by sending Demons to try and persuade me but I refused it was said that if I didn't light 2 black candles and pray to him then he would **** my Mum and my puppy. I did as he advised and they were spared.

A few years ago. He sent a Demon and through the Demon he spoke to me directly. He said he wanted me to go to my friends Kingdom Hall for Jehovahs Witnesses to gather information for him. To see if God was conspiring against him. I did as I was advised for him. This pleased him. He gave me a magical power in exchange. The power to control my dreams. I am yet to perfect this power yet. But he can give me anything. He can make me live forever or make me be able to fly. Anything I desire. He also promised me money. The next day, I bought a Scratch Card and won £2, I then bought 2 Lottery tickets and won x2 £20's. This small sum was just showing me his immense power.

Another time, he appeared in the form of a dark figure, like the ones I usually see but this time it was Satan himself. He said I would be his bride. 'The Bride Of The Devil'! All I had to do was go out and recruit 'The Humans' to help rise up in a revolt against God. I shouted like a Bible Basher! In the end, I was taken away by the Police. But not Sectioned.

I also sometimes have extreme 'Highs' and 'Lows' where I go really excited and manic and spend a lot of money.
I have got heavily into debt in doing this. When I am like this, my sex drive goes through the roof and I sometimes sleep with strangers. But yet when I am having a 'Bad' day, I feel like nothing, worthless and empty. I do nothing. I have to be encouraged to get washed and dressed and even eat. I have no need for food. I don't smile or laugh. Just sit there, still for hours and hours, alone in my room.

Now, my Psychiatrist is rubbish. He believes that (and in his own words) "I have made all this up and have been looking up symptoms on the Internet" he always tries to trip me up and is absolutely horrible to me. I don't believe that a 'Professional' person in a position such as his should abuse me or act in such away. He should be sympathetic and LISTEN to me, not patronise and dictate to me. He doesn't even advise me. Just hinders me. He believes I just have BorderLine Personality Disorder (BPD). I believe I have Schizophrenia or Schizo-Affective Disorder!

I really need your help! I would like somebody (Please note that I do live in the U.K so it will need to be in the U.K, preferably England) to tell me if they have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and if so, can they recommend a good Psychiatrist that diagnosed them. Not one that will mess me around. One that will just diagnose me properly. I need some closure in my life and I believe a correct diagnosis would do this. I DON'T believe for one minute that I have BPD. There is people that I know that have been diagnosed with BPD and they don't hear or see things like I do. I mean I know everyone is different but I get sooo bad. I think it is far worse than BPD. I am not saying that BPD isn't serious but I get *SO* bad that I think it is something more severe like Schizophrenia or Schizo-Affective Disorder!

Please, please give me the name of any Psychiatrist that you recommend that you think could help me.
I mean a private one.

I do really appreciate anybodies reply who is willing to help me but... Please remember, I live in the ***U.K*** so one in England would be best.

I am going to post this 'Post' in another Forum too to optimise my chances of getting a good recommendation.
This isn't anything personal to anyone in any Forum so please don't think it is.
I don't mean to offend anybody. This ISN'T my intention!

Any response would be appreciated.

So sorry for the LONG Post.

Kind regards and warm wishes,

Lv Linzi.
xXx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
(female)

Lealing HB User
Re: I need to find a decent U.K (Private) Psychiatrist as my NHS one is rubbish! Than

Hi Linzi,

I don't know of any private psychiatrists but I was recommended my state pyschiatrist through my UK GP. She was great and cured me many a time! There should be more than one pyschiatrist in your area. If you are not happy with your current one get a referal to another one. I believe that your GP should also be able to refer you to private psychiatrists.

Take care

Lealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyLuXXX View Post
- - - - -
WARNING:
POSSIBLE TRIGGER - MENTIONED: Suicide and Self-Harming
This is in no way meant to cause others to do anything dangerous.
Please seek help if you feel at risk.
Thank you.
- - - - -

Hi there,

I have been having Hallucinations since the age of 13. I see some strange things.
I also have Auditory Hallucinations too (where I hear things).

I will tell you about some of the things I see and hear....

I see large black hooded cloaked figures mostly. Sometimes they talk in Male and sometimes in Female voices. Sometimes they say nothing.

Ever since I was young I have always thought that I was born and put on this earth to find the purpose of life and that when I did find out, the Government would want to Interview me and take me away.

Even now, I see men sent from the Military following me. I know they are from the Army, etc.. as I see their uniform and see their guns. If I stop and turn around, I see them hiding from me so I won't see them but it is too late. I have already seen them.

I think that when I had a Breast Reduction on the NHS, the Government sent in somebody, like somebody disguised as a Docter/Nurse but was really a spy who implanted something inside of me. I can feel it and one of my scars is bigger than the other which tells me they had to make a bigger inscision into one of my breasts to implant the device deep below the muscle. With this device, they are attempting to read my mind and track where I am going.

I think that when I am out, people are going to hurt me. They are trying to read my thoughts and I know that if I make direct eye contact, if they concentrate, they can read my thoughts and from this they too will know that I am going to discover the meaning/secret of life. I don't want to be taken away from my family.
I only have my Mum and my Ex-Boyfriend as a friend. I don't easily make friends as I am suspicious of everyone.

People say I am paranoid. I really hate it that people say I am "SPONGING DISABILITY OFF OF THE STATE".
I have worked as a waitress since I was 13 years old for low, low wages. I tried to funciton like a 'Normal Person' as they said. I have worked, been to College for 4 years and came out with a good Education. But then the "Schizo" or BPD (I will get to this in a minute) got a lot worse.

I have Self-Harmed for years and years. It gives me a release that nothing else can. It is like swapping something for something better. The pain that I have for something refreshing. I feel re-born when I harm! I have attempted suicide on a number of times of occasions.

Each time I have heard voices telling me I should die. Then, I hear a pleasant voice reminding me that I have a meaning and telling me not to do anything stupid. I know it sounds silly biut the voice is so powerful and controlling, it is like I *HAVE* to follow what it is saying.

The voices I hear are Demonic and I know they are from Satan. When I was younger, I used to worship Satan then I stopped and he became angry. He demanded I **** my new Lhasa-Apso puppy for him by sending Demons to try and persuade me but I refused it was said that if I didn't light 2 black candles and pray to him then he would **** my Mum and my puppy. I did as he advised and they were spared.

A few years ago. He sent a Demon and through the Demon he spoke to me directly. He said he wanted me to go to my friends Kingdom Hall for Jehovahs Witnesses to gather information for him. To see if God was conspiring against him. I did as I was advised for him. This pleased him. He gave me a magical power in exchange. The power to control my dreams. I am yet to perfect this power yet. But he can give me anything. He can make me live forever or make me be able to fly. Anything I desire. He also promised me money. The next day, I bought a Scratch Card and won £2, I then bought 2 Lottery tickets and won x2 £20's. This small sum was just showing me his immense power.

Another time, he appeared in the form of a dark figure, like the ones I usually see but this time it was Satan himself. He said I would be his bride. 'The Bride Of The Devil'! All I had to do was go out and recruit 'The Humans' to help rise up in a revolt against God. I shouted like a Bible Basher! In the end, I was taken away by the Police. But not Sectioned.

I also sometimes have extreme 'Highs' and 'Lows' where I go really excited and manic and spend a lot of money.
I have got heavily into debt in doing this. When I am like this, my sex drive goes through the roof and I sometimes sleep with strangers. But yet when I am having a 'Bad' day, I feel like nothing, worthless and empty. I do nothing. I have to be encouraged to get washed and dressed and even eat. I have no need for food. I don't smile or laugh. Just sit there, still for hours and hours, alone in my room.

Now, my Psychiatrist is rubbish. He believes that (and in his own words) "I have made all this up and have been looking up symptoms on the Internet" he always tries to trip me up and is absolutely horrible to me. I don't believe that a 'Professional' person in a position such as his should abuse me or act in such away. He should be sympathetic and LISTEN to me, not patronise and dictate to me. He doesn't even advise me. Just hinders me. He believes I just have BorderLine Personality Disorder (BPD). I believe I have Schizophrenia or Schizo-Affective Disorder!

I really need your help! I would like somebody (Please note that I do live in the U.K so it will need to be in the U.K, preferably England) to tell me if they have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and if so, can they recommend a good Psychiatrist that diagnosed them. Not one that will mess me around. One that will just diagnose me properly. I need some closure in my life and I believe a correct diagnosis would do this. I DON'T believe for one minute that I have BPD. There is people that I know that have been diagnosed with BPD and they don't hear or see things like I do. I mean I know everyone is different but I get sooo bad. I think it is far worse than BPD. I am not saying that BPD isn't serious but I get *SO* bad that I think it is something more severe like Schizophrenia or Schizo-Affective Disorder!

Please, please give me the name of any Psychiatrist that you recommend that you think could help me.
I mean a private one.

I do really appreciate anybodies reply who is willing to help me but... Please remember, I live in the ***U.K*** so one in England would be best.

I am going to post this 'Post' in another Forum too to optimise my chances of getting a good recommendation.
This isn't anything personal to anyone in any Forum so please don't think it is.
I don't mean to offend anybody. This ISN'T my intention!

Any response would be appreciated.

So sorry for the LONG Post.

Kind regards and warm wishes,

Lv Linzi.
xXx

Closed Thread

Tags
psychiatrist, schizophrenia