It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

M1chae1 HB User
Voices

I'm taking Zyprexa for voices. I'm wondering if any of you ever found a pill that worked. Have you or anyone you know ever overcome voices? Have you or anyone you know ever really silenced them?

Thank you for any response.

M

Old 07-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
(female)

PrincessPotato HB User
Re: Voices

I take Abilify at 25mgs and most of the voices are gone. I have tried a lot of atypical anti=psychotics and Abilify has done the best so far.

I've have gotten to the point where I can shut them out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Hi Princess, thats good, i hope they go away and stay away. Was your situation very bad? Abilify didn't work for me.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
(female)

PrincessPotato HB User

I had been hearing voices since I was a little girl, so I guess bad enough. Every medication works for different people. Zyprexa for me just made me sleep. I don't remember the voices ever going away on it.

I have one medication left to try and that is Clozaril. My doctor thought that it might be very helpful for me. We are currently seeing is 25mgs of Abilify is enough. It doesn't seem to be though. I am still really paranoid and stuff.

I hope Zyprexa works for you.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Cres HB User

I heard voices 5-6 months on my med. I ignored the voices and the hallucination every day until it stop by itself with the right medicine.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cres View Post
I heard voices 5-6 months on my med. I ignored the voices and the hallucination every day until it stop by itself with the right medicine.
What medicine Cres?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Cres HB User
Smile Re: Voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1chae1 View Post
What medicine Cres?

I am taking risperidone 2 mg, to me this medicine is miracle. I was drinking 2 mg 8 months ago, but now I cut down the dosage from 2 mg to 1 mg of risperidone. I felt good, nice person and happy and my menstruation is back, my libido was back a little bit and I felt happy on bed. I decided to low the dosage again from 1 mg down to .5 mg of risperidone. This .5 mg of risperidone i feel good and happy.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cres View Post
I am taking risperidone 2 mg, to me this medicine is miracle. I was drinking 2 mg 8 months ago, but now I cut down the dosage from 2 mg to 1 mg of risperidone. I felt good, nice person and happy and my menstruation is back, my libido was back a little bit and I felt happy on bed. I decided to low the dosage again from 1 mg down to .5 mg of risperidone. This .5 mg of risperidone i feel good and happy.

Ok, yeah I took Risperidone too for a while. It didn't help me much. But i'm glad it's helping you.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

Do you hear them inside your head or outside? There are NLP techniques to silence them that actually work.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnidoblast View Post
Do you hear them inside your head or outside? There are NLP techniques to silence them that actually work.
Both sometimes What are NLP techniques?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

Quote:
Both sometimes What are NLP techniques?
NLP stands for neuro linguistic programming. Its similar to hypnosis. Voices are tricky but a bit of back engineering reveals the mechanisms behind them.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-14-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
NLP stands for neuro linguistic programming. Its similar to hypnosis. Voices are tricky but a bit of back engineering reveals the mechanisms behind them.
Is this something your trying? Is it really helping?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

Quote:
Is this something your trying? Is it really helping?
Haven't tried it for voices. I only had voices a couple of years ago when I was heavily sleep deprived. I couldn't get rid of them, the only thing that worked at all was ignoring them but its pretty hard to ignore them cuz I was always interested in what they were saying. Someone asked about getting rid of voices on that forum though and the people that replied gave some info on how to do it.

I only started learning NLP myself but already I've seen what a powerful tool it is. I literally only accepted the presuppositions of NLP and already my whole life changed cuz I was no longer limited by the beliefs I had of reality. Thats what its all about. Beliefs. Beliefs influence every aspect of ourselves and what we experience as reality. Whats your belief on these voices? Do you believe that they are coming from an external source? Thats what I believed when I was hearing them and I think the only reason I was able to hear them was because I believed that it was possible to pick up signals from external sources with my brain alone.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
(male)

M1chae1 HB User

Quote:
Haven't tried it for voices. I only had voices a couple of years ago when I was heavily sleep deprived. I couldn't get rid of them, the only thing that worked at all was ignoring them but its pretty hard to ignore them cuz I was always interested in what they were saying. Someone asked about getting rid of voices on that forum though and the people that replied gave some info on how to do it.

I only started learning NLP myself but already I've seen what a powerful tool it is. I literally only accepted the presuppositions of NLP and already my whole life changed cuz I was no longer limited by the beliefs I had of reality. Thats what its all about. Beliefs. Beliefs influence every aspect of ourselves and what we experience as reality. Whats your belief on these voices? Do you believe that they are coming from an external source? Thats what I believed when I was hearing them and I think the only reason I was able to hear them was because I believed that it was possible to pick up signals from external sources with my brain alone.

Ok Cnidoblast, i'm not understanding what NLP is. Please explain to me what your talking about Is this something you do with a doctor? Is it like meditation? Your saying it is some kind of thought process right

I believed the voices were demons Ghosts maybe? They told me they loved me so much they would never leave. They tell me they are demons.

I'm trying to make myself believe it's just my mind goofing up, so that I can get better. So far i'm not getting any better. They remain. If you would be so kind as to tell me a little more. What are you using NLP for?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #15
(female)

Selah123 HB User

Hello,

I have been taking seroquel. Whenever I switch or go up on the meds, the voices persist. One of them even told me that I can't subdue him. Each person's reaction to meds are different.

Closed Thread