It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
(male)

Untreated HB User
10 months still no voices.. is this common?

When i turned 19 i started hearing voices. I progressed into full blown delusions and i started seeing things as well. All i can remember is that for 7 days a week 24 hours a day i was either listening to the voices or talking to them. Then i hit 23 and they just stopped. i went a year without voices and then they made an appearance for a short few days, and then they were gone again for a nother long time. I am 26 now and its been 10 months with not even the thought of a voice. Whats that about?

Old 07-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: 10 months still no voices.. is this common?

Your name is "untreated" so I take it you have never been diagnosed? Are you assuming it's schizophrenia because you hallucinate? Because schizophrenics don't know they are hallucinating and you do. That is a distinct difference.

If it starts again you should see either a psychiatrist or a neurologist to figure out why this is happening. Many brain disorders can have hallucinations as symptoms. Even forms of epilepsy can have hallucinations as their symptoms.

Unless you've been diagnosed, you have no idea why this is happening and you should find out. It might be treatable and/or curable.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
(male)

Untreated HB User

Hey Jenny. "Untreated" is kind of a joke as a name. I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia when i was 22 (i'm 26 now). They put me on all different types of medications untill they found on that reduced the hallucinations. The point i was trying to make on my post was that its been 10 months and i haven't heard or seen a thing. I take Zyprexa once a day and an Injection of Haldol once a month. Is it normal for the voices and visuals just to leave me? I go days without even remembering what i went through. Its just weird and people that i know in treatment programs still have there voices, and i dont. Whats so special about me?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I was mis-diagnosed as schizophrenic when I was 18...that is why I ask. I had severe CPTSD and was having flashbacks so severe that they thought I was hallucinating. I didn't experience real hallucinations until I got morphine psychosis post surgery.

As I recall, schizophrenia has something called the "rule of thirds" that has seemed to hold true for over 100 years of trying to treat this frustrating disorder.

One third recover, one third stay the same and one third get worse.

Looks like you may be in the one third that recovers! Keep up taking your meds as they seem to be working. Someday they will discover what on earth is going wrong chemically in the brain and have the meds to correct the imbalances that takes place. I've known schizophrenics who suddenly wake up one day and are absolutely normal and can't figure out what has happened to them for the past couple of years...it becomes like a bad dream...and then the next day they are gone again. It's like the chemicals suddenly come together in the right way for a few hours and then are screwed up again and they are gone. A truly sad disorder that I hope and pray will be unraveled soon.

And I'll hope and pray you are one of the lucky ones who is recovering for good. Certainly sounds like it.

good luck............Jenny

Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Cres HB User

Good for you. I am 1 year on my medicine the voices was gone. Right this moment I am experimenting 0.5 mg on resperidone. I am one week of this .5mg now and I feel good every day.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

I'm 24 now and when I hit 18 I started gaining schizophrenia symptoms too. At 22 they started wearing off and now I've lost them altogether. Maybe just something to do with new neural connections that start forming when you were around 19.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Cres HB User

Its good you dont heared any voices now. It means your cured finally. Be happy now you dont heared voices anymore. It means your back to reality again.

Closed Thread