It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

tania2007 HB User
is it possible?

I've been to a site about schiziphrenia"virtualteen" and have a lready asked this question, but haven't got much response...here goes. Hi everyone it's been 2 years since I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I hear voices plus I think people csan read my mind. I was wondering if it IS possible for people to read each others mind with a device of some sort. HA ve any of you ever heaqrd of a girl in the netherlands who's mind is being read?? That girl in the netherlands is me btw. My psychiatrists says it's impossible for people to read each others mind, but I still believe that someone's planted some sort of device in my brain. Is this possible? Plsss help

Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
(female)

cerajoan HB Usercerajoan HB User
Re: is it possible?

I do believe it is possible but I don't think anybody understands anything about it because such things are not in acceptable paradigms in most places. So to find people who understand is important otherwise just expect people will say you're crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
(male)

tony1527 HB Usertony1527 HB User

use your logic,theres 6.5 billion people in the world.Thats alot of programsand what makes you think anyone gives two shits what your thinking.Do u have secert thoughts that can change the world,no u dont.Use logic and odds when u want a answer

Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tania2007 View Post
I've been to a site about schiziphrenia"virtualteen" and have a lready asked this question, but haven't got much response...here goes. Hi everyone it's been 2 years since I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I hear voices plus I think people csan read my mind. I was wondering if it IS possible for people to read each others mind with a device of some sort. HA ve any of you ever heaqrd of a girl in the netherlands who's mind is being read?? That girl in the netherlands is me btw. My psychiatrists says it's impossible for people to read each others mind, but I still believe that someone's planted some sort of device in my brain. Is this possible? Plsss help
No no no, hell no! please know that people can not read your mind. people might think they can read the mind of others or read their fortunes, put spells on others. all ********. My poor old aunts ole man died about 2 weeks ago, well i want you to know a (reader) whatever that is is taking her money now and telling her messages behond the grave. poor ole lady dont know any better, she's lonely. missing loved ones is enough to make us do things we would not normally do.be stronger, pray for strength and guidence .

Old 09-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
(female)

Narutwit HB User

you should take some medicine prescibed to you. The likely hood of what you are suggesting is beyond our technology. I belive that to a cetian extent very few people can read minds, but there isn't a device in your head, That's too far ahead in the future's technology, plus why would someone do that, who would, when would they find the time, where would they do it, how would they do it? Think about these sort of questions when you wonder about those sort of things.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
(male)

schizo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tania2007 View Post
nobody can read anybodys mind, but people close to you i.e family members can observe your behaviours and routines and can guess whats going on in your mind. I have been diagnosed for schizophennia for the past 2 years also, voices, hallucinations and delusions. im 32 male. And im trying my best to get normal ASAP, thats why im researching on internet also.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
(male)

koolguy HB User

if you're paranoid just wait until you are more relaxed and you'll find that you can think normally too

Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
(male)

Trism HB User

No, mind reading is not possible, ever.

Your thoughts are a combination of several neurotransmitters and neural electical discharges firing in concert with one another. Trying to decypher that would be like trying to study a hurricane with a pair of 3-D glasses and a flashlight. Measuring all that molecular interplay would also be very fatal, my computer would not appreciate me taking apart its RAM while it's running either

Also, like Tony said, we are really not that important. Wouldn't it make more sense to wiretap a company CEOs brain, or the head to the EU, rather than listen to me try to decide whether I want a chicken sandwich or pizza for dinner

Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
(male)

hathada HB User

Yes, it's possible. But it doesn't involve a device of any kind. I'm a schizophrenic and I've heard voices constantly and wondered if it was really true, or possible, because it was all so totally convincing. I've also met a lot of other schizophrenics who are very sure that there is a device planted in their brain. This is not just one person with this idea. There are many schizophrenics with the same idea. I don't personally believe it's true, that there are devices planted inside our brains. I think it's a belief that schizophrenic's, for one reason or another, develop and become convinced of. It's a bit like the way a lot of schizophrenics believe they communicate with the Devil or with God. It's probably not true, but they start to believe it at some point and it becomes a delusion that they're certain of. If one thing's certain, it's that the sound and quality of the voices schizophrenics hear is so audible and particular to the people and the thoughts that they are hearing, that a person can't help but believe they're real. This is not to mention the content of the voice's words or thoughts. For instance, when you talk to Issac Newton, you really talk to Issac Newton. He tells you things only Issac Newton could tell you. And when you talk to your neighbor, you really talk to your neighbor. He or she tells you things only he or she would know or say, in his or her voice, as the sound of a thought in your head. Is any of this going on. No. I could tell you why, in my case, I figured out that none of these voices were real, but that would take a long time, and it took me a really long time to finally figure out what was going on. I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree with what the last person said about thoughts. I don't agree or pretend to believe that the biochemical, concert of neurotransmittion is the form of a thought. A thought is formed from an idea, and the idea is expressed in words. Take the number 50, for example. The idea of this number presents itself as a symbol, then it is expressed as a sound, and finally it is formed in the mind as an object, in this case a value, or a specific quantity of some kind. The fact that I can say any of what I just said, is a proof that I have beliefs and opinions. Chemical dependency, on the other hand, does play a role in thoughts. You can take it as far as you want, but I'll go into that later...

Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #10
(male)

koolguy HB User

i remember i once believed there's a device planted in my head. one thing to note is how i was distressed then that there is a device in my head. i thought it was violation of my personal freedom.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
(male)

Trism HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathada View Post
If one thing's certain, it's that the sound and quality of the voices schizophrenics hear is so audible and particular to the people and the thoughts that they are hearing, that a person can't help but believe they're real. This is not to mention the content of the voice's words or thoughts. For instance, when you talk to Issac Newton, you really talk to Issac Newton. He tells you things only Issac Newton could tell you. And when you talk to your neighbor, you really talk to your neighbor. He or she tells you things only he or she would know or say, in his or her voice, as the sound of a thought in your head. Is any of this going on. No. I could tell you why, in my case, I figured out that none of these voices were real, but that would take a long time, and it took me a really long time to finally figure out what was going on. I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree with what the last person said about thoughts. I don't agree or pretend to believe that the biochemical, concert of neurotransmittion is the form of a thought. A thought is formed from an idea, and the idea is expressed in words. Take the number 50, for example. The idea of this number presents itself as a symbol, then it is expressed as a sound, and finally it is formed in the mind as an object, in this case a value, or a specific quantity of some kind. The fact that I can say any of what I just said, is a proof that I have beliefs and opinions. Chemical dependency, on the other hand, does play a role in thoughts. You can take it as far as you want, but I'll go into that later...
While we might disagree on the viewpoint on thought, I do respect it. Speaking from experience, rather than a scientific viewpoint, the power of anti-psychotic drugs is immense. Like you said, the voices we hear are as real to us as someone who is is living and breathing. The fact that a molecule can rip that voice away speaks volumes of the power of your brain chemistry and it's component chemicals. I used to be under the opinion that a SWAT team was on alert, ready to raid my house at a moments notice. Looking back, after treatment, I know that this opinion is and was wrong, and it had a purely chemical basis.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #12
(male)

koolguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trism View Post
While we might disagree on the viewpoint on thought, I do respect it. Speaking from experience, rather than a scientific viewpoint, the power of anti-psychotic drugs is immense. Like you said, the voices we hear are as real to us as someone who is is living and breathing. The fact that a molecule can rip that voice away speaks volumes of the power of your brain chemistry and it's component chemicals. I used to be under the opinion that a SWAT team was on alert, ready to raid my house at a moments notice. Looking back, after treatment, I know that this opinion is and was wrong, and it had a purely chemical basis.
man, if i reminisce and look back i had bizarre delusions in the recent past(~2-3 months back). if you recover quick better chance of complete recovery so im good

Old 11-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #13
(male)

Trism HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy View Post
man, if i reminisce and look back i had bizarre delusions in the recent past(~2-3 months back). if you recover quick better chance of complete recovery so im good
Man, do I have some stories

I was untreated for 15 years (it started when I was 13) and while it might have royally sucked at the time, some of them are kind of funny now.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:33 AM   #14
(male)

koolguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trism View Post
Man, do I have some stories

I was untreated for 15 years (it started when I was 13) and while it might have royally sucked at the time, some of them are kind of funny now.
yeah i totally agree with you

Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #15
(female)

lxx HB User

So much of hallucination seems so real. Aft'er you become sane again, you start wondering where did all these crazy thoughts come from. I also had hallucination of device planted in my head. I've had hallucinations of the end of the world, Christ coming back, talking to God (in my hallucinations, God and Christ were separate beings), talked to Satan, talked to baby Jesus, saw baby Jesus creating people.... And while I'm hallucinating, I don't have any sense that perhaps these thoughts are strange. And then there is the medication. It is so amazing and strange that there is medication that can get you to think straight again. (Of course, with all of the side effects.) After my illness, I realize more and more how amazing and strange this whole world and I am made.

Closed Thread