It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

Narutwit HB User
Might I have anxiety induced Schizophrenia

Is there such a thing as anxiety induced schizoprenia? I've been diagnosed with paranoia, but I'm taking Lexipro. I know that is not an antipsycotic, but my schizophrenic-like symptoms fade when I'm on it. Its highly likely that I would have schizophrenia, because I see and hear things(sometimes feel), I'm paranoid, my reasoning is off, I have many irrational fears. Its also likey that when the father is much older than the mother, that atleast one child will be schizophrenic and my dad was 20 years older than my mother. and often times being exposed to cat urine at a young age causes it and that fits me, too. My doctor says that I can't have both paranoia and anxiety at the same time, but I'm taking a pill for anxiety not paranoia and I've been diagnosed with paranoia. Recently my medication hasn't been doing as good as a job as it normally would, which worries me (note:symptoms that I listed don't occur very often when I'm on my medicine)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
(male)

chem imbalance HB User
Re: Might I have anxiety induced Schizophrenia

im fairly sure there is no such thing as anxiety induced schizophrenia..your doctor was right you cant have paranoia and anxiety at the same time some people with schizophrenia have anxiety but not people with paranoid schizophrenia only other types of schizophrenia.. sometimes doctors will prescribe ssri anti-depressants for paranoia because they lower dopamine levels paranoia is caused by high dopamine levels..you should ask your doctor for a stronger ssri i think lexapro is too mild and i strongly recomend you stay away from anti psychotics they have horrible side effects an ssri should work just as good without the serious side effects..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread