It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 10:57 AM   #1

lilytooth HB User
Post Schizophrenia or paranormal encounters?

I have a friend who sees ghosts and aliens. I read that some signs of schizophrenia are having paranormal encounters.

My friend is otherwise normal and rational. He had these encounters all his life. He showed me some strange video tapes and audio recordings. He sees chairs moving and televisions turning on by them selves. He has unusual scars on his body, some, where he cannot reach.

He does not read or watch movies about paranormal encounters as he had enough of his own.

He loses time when driving and finds himself on a dark road. Once, when this happened, there were more than 10 deer in the middle of the road and when he got out of the car, he blanked out to find himself back in the car again.

When I was over his house, we heard strange activity and chanting. We felt a cold breeze and I saw his hair stand straight up on his head.

I believe him but others think he may be schizophrenic.
Has anyone with schizophrenia had these encounters? Does the increase in dopamine open a door to another dimension?

Old 10-09-2003, 09:18 AM   #2

lilytooth HB User
I talked my friend into seeing a doctor about loosing time when driving. He had tests that revealed Temporal Lobe Epilepsy which explain many of the paranormal encounters. He will take meds to control the seizures but is unable to drive for 6 months.

It still doesn't explain what I heard and saw. Perhaps some encounters are really happening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #3

arebe2 HB User
perhaps schizophrenia in some cases acts as a filter as to what we percieve in this world. When the 'filter' is altered we may experience things that are really there but just not percieved by the common person. I know with my experience with schizophrenia I percieved people's thoughts and had several psychic occurances.

Old 10-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #4

rizzla+ HB User
i take it your mate makes ITC recordings and electronic voice phenomena tapes. i suffer from psychosis and often wonder if my problems are psychiatric or paranormal in nature. some people who use oujia boards devlop mental health problems. if your mate has been dabbling around with the para normal, then who knows. like your mate, i lose time and its really messed up. i sometimes go forward in time as well backwards in time, and i also 'switch off' or loose time. i see things like ghosts and demons, and these same ghosts and demons play tricks on me do things like speak to me and breathe against me etc. its not easy. so i suppose it depends on the evidence, if you have heard chanting and weird things like that...

cheers

Old 10-12-2003, 08:12 PM   #5
Inactive

mistyone HB User
schizofrenia not sure if i spelled that ok or not but you catch my drift is genetic chemical imbalance in the brain which can cause delusional thinking with or without halucinations, they mnnost commonly prescribed medication for it nowadays is clozaril. which seems to work out the pyschosis and deluded thought patterns. a very famous mathematician won a nobel prize back in the several years ago from princeton in new jersey, the name escapes me now but the movie was called A Beautiful Mind which was a true but heartbreaking story about a very intelligent man who went there and solved economics problems and algorithums. He had to fight off his demons who were he said, always with him which casued him to lose many more opportunities that he could have had in his lifetime. the point is here, you can have any mental illness and try to conquor it if you try. this is a very misunderstood illnes and the doctors do not know all that much about it or how to cure it, in fact it can not be cured, the reason why people go off their meds is because of the side reactions to these drugs can be toxic to your liver and overall functioning. it is a shame that people have to suffer with this illness and it can affect anyone early onset is usually at around young adult hood, it is indeed a very tragic situation and not to make fun of a person who has it, as it is the same as having anyother medical illness, it jsut affects the mind and thought process. I am not with this illness, for me, ah, no i am just a simple BPD.

Old 10-13-2003, 12:04 PM   #6
Magmaroni

i suffer from psychosis throug hearing voices and somtimes i feel like possesed.
i had the "whole world in my mind" thing aswel buth im over that one.

as for paranormal encounters and aliens, the only "logical" to me is that it could be a species that lives in space itself. it certainly would explain most of the things.

the reason we cant see them is that they hide behind air (wich is also matter) or are made of sound.
so i think.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:48 PM   #7
Inactive

Turak HB User
I've been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia, but believe many of my experiences are paranormal in nature. I have been face to face with an alien once. Some friends have also had experiences and the aliens have given them messages for me.

Closed Thread