It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

Care4himOo HB User
I am new.. Please help!

I am not sure if there is another post about this, I do apologize if there is and this seems repetitive. For about 5 years now I have had a relationship/friendship with a very loving boy and unfortunately he is Schizophrenic. I think that there may be other illness's along with it but I am unsure of the extent. 2 out of these 5 years have been a relationship. I just have a couple questions and maybe somebody can shed some light on my heart ache. To start, I know it's not me. This is the main thing I am having the hardest time coming to terms with. Every year at the same time and this year I was kind of waiting for it... one moment he Loves me, we spend all of our time together and it's wonderful, then at the drop of a hat... I am the Devil, I am evil, he won't speak, let alone Look at me! It tears me apart. He is not medicated and feels he shouldn't be, he doesn't like the side effects. I can argue till I turn blue in the face and it all means nothing to him. Then a couple months goes by and he misses me and things are the same, then the cycle returns. somebody please help! if anybody can, I would really appreciate it. Any reason as to why this is happening? any guidance on how to help somebody get back on meds? I love him with all my heart and I would do anything to help. My closest friends and family still don't understand why I would waste my time because of past events but I am not willing to give up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
(female)

lxx HB User
Re: I am new.. Please help!

I don't think there is any other way than taking meds. there are no other answers to solve the problem. I gradually got worse every year without meds. I resisted taking meds too because of awful side effects. Finally, I realized that there was no other alternatives and took meds that had least side effect for me. I take Geodon 20 mg twice a day. My fingers taps on its own and my eyesight has gotten worse. I also have others side effects that are not constant. But I do not hallucinate or have strange thoughts.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
(male)

koolguy HB User
Re: I am new.. Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxx View Post
My fingers taps on its own and my eyesight has gotten worse.
That happens to me too. My fingers sometimes move when I think certain things and I frequently get blurry vision. I'm taking 10mg zyprexa but I used to get consta shots. I'm thinking that those are due to consta shots and not zyprexa.

Closed Thread