It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
(male)

Hairdude HB User
Thought broadcasting - A sure sign?

I had believed I had suffered from simple anxiety my entire life. But as a young child, I began being socially widthdrawn and started saying strange things. My best friend remembers very well how I had spoken the words "What gender are your dogs" as a first greeting when i was a young teen. During that time of my life, I genuinely believed people were hearing my thoughts. Everyone could hear it, everyone. They could interpret it into their mind and hear my thoughts. Like it was me speaking with my mind. I had an issue later on in life, after those symptoms dissapeared where i was horribly catatonic, and still to this day i feel i must fake facial expressions simply for fear of seeming strange. I used to be paranoid about people looking at me through windows, and would lock my door three times in succession before sleeping. I feel people will tell everyone my secrets, some that aren't even serious. I have no motivation to do anything, as i try to do something simple such as bathe or wash dishes I think "What is the point, what does it matter?" and get distracted by my own thoughts or impulses. I am quite charismatic in person, but I am so paranoid about what people are doing behind my back. I argue with myself about being crazy, and space out for hours daydreaming. Life doesn't feel real. I'm so confused.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
(male)

koolguy HB User
Re: Thought broadcasting - A sure sign?

thought broadcasting is a sure sign of schizophrenia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

Trism HB User

With the exception of thought broadcasting, I was pretty much the EXACT same way.

"I argue with myself about being crazy, and space out for hours daydreaming."

I would spend hours each day alternating between arguing with myself about whether I really need help, and the rest was spent basically living in an alternate world with no connection to reality. This continued even after my diagnosis............until the anti-psychotic "hit".

I woke up one morning and all I heard was silence, no voices arguing about me and my sanity, no alternate universe, no walking into a room with people and feeling like everyone was staring at me with disgust on their faces. Just sweet silence. I looked around for a little after that and cleaned my house and broke out an old guitar and jammed for a little.

Go make an appointment with your doctor now and tell him everything you wrote to us, print it out and show it to him if you need to. I made the mistake of trying to "live with it" too and I have wasted years to show for it, there is a better alternative. Keep us updated man

Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
(male)

Hairdude HB User

I told my mother today. She played it off. So I had to tell her what my symptoms were and that she needs to make me go to a doctor. She is taking a vacation day to take me. I'm questioning the reality of what's been going on as of late, questioning my grandiosity and questioning the realism of many things that have happened in the past that almost seem fake. I am having problems in public today, ect. I hope it stops soon.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
(male)

Trism HB User

Repect man. If your anything like me I know how hard it was to admit to what you are going through. Stay strong, medicine has come very far and there is always a reason to hope.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
(male)

Hairdude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trism View Post
Repect man. If your anything like me I know how hard it was to admit to what you are going through. Stay strong, medicine has come very far and there is always a reason to hope.
I keep having mood swings, up and down haha. Right now, I'm actually feeling high off of happiness, and my friend just took 50-60 different pills and alcohol to kill herself. I don't know why I'm not as upset as I was 30 minutes ago. She's schizo with more psychotic symptoms. She has annorexia too. I feel so elated, like i'm walking on air and am now arguing that I am not ****** up. People at taco bell were looking at me funny, this one guy honked at me and stared at me before i got out of my car. This other dude looked at me weird and sat right behind me and ate his food super slow. Why am I happy lol?

Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 AM   #7
(male)

Hairdude HB User

How do I talk to a therapist? Do I tell them what I think is wrong with me? Or should I do the print out this thread and give it to her thing? I feel like that's going to make her think i'm like phining for attention or looking to get doped up or something. But if I just walk in there and start talking, that's going to go no where...

Old 11-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #8
(male)

Trism HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude View Post
How do I talk to a therapist? Do I tell them what I think is wrong with me? Or should I do the print out this thread and give it to her thing? I feel like that's going to make her think i'm like phining for attention or looking to get doped up or something. But if I just walk in there and start talking, that's going to go no where...
Go in there and tell them everything you have told me. Its not going to come across as looking for attention anymore than a person having a heart attack, they are both sypmtoms of a disease to be treated from a purely medical point of view. Just tell them in detail (with examples) and let them decide the diagnosis.

Your mother decided that you needed to see a doctor right away, even taking a hard earned vacation day. That should tell you that it is indeed something that needs to be taken care of, rather than you looking for meds (which aren't something that people take for fun in any case).

Old 11-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
(male)

Hairdude HB User

I haven't slept in a day, and I still can't sleep. I've been laying in bed but I can't sleep.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
(male)

koolguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude View Post
I haven't slept in a day, and I still can't sleep. I've been laying in bed but I can't sleep.
read bible and then say to yourself "with jesus' help i'm gonna just lie here with the intention of sleeping" then you'll fall asleep

Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
(male)

Hairdude HB User

I'm Athiest

Old 11-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
(male)

Trism HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy View Post
read bible and then say to yourself "with jesus' help i'm gonna just lie here with the intention of sleeping" then you'll fall asleep
He is already lying there with the intention of sleeping, he dosen't need any help in that area.

Try Melatonin, its dirt cheap in any grocery/drugstore/walmart and gets the job done nicely.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #13
(male)

Hairdude HB User

I'm still awake, haven't fallen asleep yet!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
(male)

Trism HB User

When is your doc appt?

Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
(male)

Hairdude HB User

I don't know, it hasn't been made yet. I keep losing desire to go, and no one else seems to understand the urgency of what's going on, even if I explain it. Plus, I can't pay for it.

Closed Thread