It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #1
(female)

lxx HB User
involuntarily committed, background checks, getting a job

Anyone know if you have been committed for schizophrenia, does it show up on your background checks when you apply for jobs? Can you for example get a teaching job or a nursing job in Texas? What jobs do all of you who have schizophrenia been able to get? Were you ever involunatarily committed?

Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
(male)

Trism HB User
Re: involuntarily committed, background checks, getting a job

I was poking around the Texas Education Agency website, and so far it looks like it's only limited to criminal offenses. Still, if that was me I would not volunteer that information, there are a surprisingly large number of people that have no idea of what "treated" and "remission" means.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread