It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

Me660 HB User
Red face Dont read this if you cant deal with assult !

I was assaulted and it is an ongoing thing it will stop then start again like when I start to thake charge of my life again, All I can recall of the assault is bits and pieces ( I think I was drudged ) By the time I go for the exam it has been anywhere from 1 to 3 days after, I start to have flashbacks and I can only recall bits and pieces of what happened to me, I can not recall enough to know who it was that hurt me, I reported it maybe 5 to 6 times , I havent reported every time only when I think there could be eveidence - Mental health is trying to tell me I have schizophrenia, I have been examined there is evidence but no DNA - The examining Doctor believes me one of my brothers believes me he says he just doesn't think it is who I think it is, My son and daughter inlaw do not , I do not dought myself or what happened but (The Police Dept said to let meantal health fuige it out - and no one ever came to my home to collect eveidence) So how do I get help, I honestly do not trust very many people right now and I refuse to be put on medication that can end up causing me to be schizophrenic - I am just real unsure where to go for help - I have been in contact with rape crisis I can only get one maybe two Meantal appts, Any idea's would help, I have taken steps to secure my home and be safe, I realy think its someone I know and its some kind of game to that person and I am very lost as to how to protect myself or where to go for help

Last edited by Me660; 01-16-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Not reading right

The following user gives a hug of support to Me660:
ssmith35 (04-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
(male)

linc HB Userlinc HB User
Re: Dont read this if you cant deal with assult !

Let me help you. My father is schizophrenic, and I go to the schizophrenia society in my city. Look up any mental health place. From all of the people that I know, who is diagnosed with that... if you are prescribed meds, TAKE THEM!!!!!!! It is only your own mental health issues that are causing you to be scared of them. If you start to get worse, stop taking them. Distrust of the medical profession is a SYMPTOM of Schizophrenia, and that in itself is a good sign that you should TAKE YOUR MEDS. Could it be that you only think you are being assaulted? Do you have EVIDENCE of being assaulted? Your mind could be playing tricks on you. I know a lot of people who are schizophrenic, and it only gets better with meds, not worse. I have a paranoid personality disorder, and until I started on my meds I darn near committed suicide, and I would freak out at people. Meds these days to treat that are good, have minimal side affects, and will HELP YOU!!!!!

Take it from someone who knows schizophrenia like that back of his hand, I have had symptoms of it myself. TAKE YOUR MEDS!!!!! SEE PSYCHOLOGISTS!!!! THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WILL HELP YOU!!! SEEK ALL MENTAL HEALTH ASSISTANCE YOU CAN GET!!!
Also, remember that there are people like myself that care and are willing to help. I hope that you can trust me, my father has the illness, and I have suffered the symptoms myself. Also, maybe research the symptoms so that you can assess yourself, and see if you agree with it.
It is only when you are stable, that you can address this assault matter. Then you'll know for sure. Right now it doesn't matter who believes you, what matters is that you are stable. Paranoid delusions often occur with mental illness.

Last edited by linc; 03-04-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
(male)

blize HB User
Re: Dont read this if you cant deal with assult !

its as easy as a 3 step program ( please note i have never been raped but alot of my female friends have all TEENS) and this is the best way they said work for them when they just wanted to be free of the stress of it all

1 focus on work/school for better improvement

2 tell ALL! your most trusted and close near by friends let the word get out that there is some one that sick around

3 take the meds =l my friends say it works and it puts you just a bit more at ease and stuff ( sorry for the lack of detail)

Closed Thread