It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #16
(male)

JMan73 HB User
Re: Thought Broadcasting

Thanks to you for your encouragement......still happens to me (TB and auditory Hallucinations)....a similar weed habit and psychadelic drugs did it to me.....been taking meds and my 'symptoms' are alot less, though I do get 'ideas of reference' from the TV alot still.
Hearing of your recovery gives me alot of hope......thanks for sharin.
I have been absolutely clean for about 2 months now.....and I found that if I toke anymore, it kicks my psychosis in to overdrive.....so even though it used to be a huge part of my life.....it turned into something I have to completely give up.
Thanks again and continued health to you!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #17
(male)

JMan73 HB User

also....I noticed you are from TX.......greetings fellow Texan!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-31-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: removed details

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #18
(male)

kostasv HB User

I have one question about your method, when I try it I feel like I may have a heart attack, I feel my heart inflating to burst... Were you feeling something similar? Can it be bad for the heart?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #19
(male)

JMan73 HB User
Thumbs up Re: recovery is really possible?

I wouldn't say I'm completey, 100% recovered.
I will say that I have minimal, almost no symptoms (for a week or so), at least.
It was not through meditation, as I've never been real good at that. it was not from focusing on my heart. It was through meds. I am not sure which one did the trick exactly, but I went to a new drug, Latuda, mid-level 80mg dose and at the same time started taking vitamin E, 800mg on top of the max dose of seroquel. I wonder if the vitamin E didn't have something to do with it too.....like a vitamin deficiency or something.
Anyhow, I DO believe that recovery is possible, and even though my symptoms are not showing up for now, I DO rememberwhat it was like and am still a little guarded.
Take your meds!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #20
(male)

kostasv HB User
Re: recovery is really possible?

If you're not very good with meditation (I'm not very good at that either) try either of the following:

Have a journal with you and as soon as you realize that you feel strange find somewhere to sit, take out your journal and start writing your experiences. Somehow "they" don't like that.

Start whispering to yourself. If someone asks you what are you whispering tell them that you were admiring something in your vicinity (a building, tree, whatever, make something up).

Start being aware of your body (that goes to the heart technique others have introduced above). When I do that with my heart though I feel it bursting, but it can also work with your stomach or other parts of your body you can concentrate on. With my stomach though I start feeling I may get diarhea LOL

I recently had my fourth major crisis since I was 35 and although I know it's no laughing matter, now I do laugh about it even though I feel that my most intimate secrets become common knowledge... I always have an anxiolytic where I go and I start taking risperdal (a medicine) when I have early warning signs. I also feel that risperdal does not solve the problem, but it lessens it. I think the key point in the whole situation is to keep calm and do things you like, eat chocolate, etc. unless you want to become proficient in the whole thing and use it to your advantage (you may know what I mean, transform the whole situation to intelligence (emotional intelligence) to get things happen for you - you need guidance on this but personally I don't want to pursue that)...

Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #21
(male)

cbscz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan73 View Post
I wouldn't say I'm completey, 100% recovered.
I will say that I have minimal, almost no symptoms (for a week or so), at least.
It was not through meditation, as I've never been real good at that. it was not from focusing on my heart. It was through meds. I am not sure which one did the trick exactly, but I went to a new drug, Latuda, mid-level 80mg dose and at the same time started taking vitamin E, 800mg on top of the max dose of seroquel. I wonder if the vitamin E didn't have something to do with it too.....like a vitamin deficiency or something.
Anyhow, I DO believe that recovery is possible, and even though my symptoms are not showing up for now, I DO rememberwhat it was like and am still a little guarded.
Take your meds!!!
That's great to hear JMan! As you get better, you shouldn't forget what it felt like and downplay it too much. That's what I did, and I ended up back on weed again thinking "I can handle it" a couple of years after my first recovery. Bad mistake.

Anyway, I'm also doing good these days, been working my new job for a good 4 months now, and I get along pretty well with the other people there which is good. Even though I was pretty paranoid when I started there it's gotten a lot better and they just extended my contract for another year and gave me a raise which must mean they don't mind having me around I guess. Wouldn't have thought I would be doing this well already when I was in the mental hospital last summer.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #22
(male)

JMan73 HB User

All the crap that has always terrified me....like the whole world reading my mind.......has just stopped happenning with me. It is obvious to me at this point that my thoughts are my own. Period. I know it seems real.....always did to me too, but it just doesn't happen anymore. Nobody is reading my mind. Nobody cares to. They got their own minds to worry about. My brain has been hallucinating the whole ordeal. I am now certain of it.

Voices shutup.......thoughts quit broadcasting. I can think whatever in the hell I want to. Risperdahl gave me TD...distonic shock....didn't help, and I discontinued that med.
Seroquel helped me a little......once I got up to the max dose......Latuda (a new generation anti-psychotic) has helped alot at the 80mg dose level. I think I mentioned that the doc had me start taking vitamon e also.....I think this is to ease Distonia and TD, but maybe I had a vit. defficiency and that might have helped too.....I started taking VIT.- E and Latuda 80mg @ the same time, so I am still not sure what has helped me.

Try to get some new meds, and take them, and talk to your support group......(ask them if they just heard what you thought....I guaranty that they didn't.....it was always ONLY in my mind......halucination.....I just don't worry about it anymore........hang in there....tell the voices to F-off, and take your meds......tell your doc what is happening and experiment around till you find what works for you........

I am doing much better these days....hang in there and recovery IS possible....(or at least coping)

Peace.
Jman

Last edited by moderator2; 03-07-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
(male)

pecanpower HB Userpecanpower HB User

Because you've always been searching for the truth etc. Perhaps there is some depth of experience in your mind that is not common with everyone. And when that is compromised, then there are some really big and abnormal problems. Because it can't be lied against. Like if you ate a big thanksgiving dinner and then were brainwashed to "think" you didn't, part of you would still know that you did and would have big objections. The societal/cultural mind is different from the mind of truth. We usually end of going back to mentally conforming because that is how we are raised and I think maybe that is where all the short circuiting and and craziness may come from. To get back on track with the independent path of pure sincerity of truth may be the antidote. And over time the fog may lift and these strange perplexities of living reality I believe will cease once what needs to be found is completely realized. Maybe we just stopped a little short at one point, and maybe we weren't willing to go in the next direction the truth pointed to, so we fell back into conformity with the collective disfunctional mind. And then backfires started occurring.

Last edited by pecanpower; 04-23-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: refining; better choice of words

Closed Thread