It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
(male)

Untreated HB User
Be honest when you leave the ward!

I can remember my first visit to the hospital for schizophrenia. I remember putting myself in there at first then a week later asking if i could leave. I remember saying that i couldn't live with the halucinations but after a while telling the psychiatrist that i was fine. One major theme to most of my hospital trips was after a few weeks i would say things like "Yep. The medication is working. I don't hear or see ANYTHING. I feel stable and i'm ready to leave." Why would i do that? Because it was the easy way out of the psych ward. But my problems were not getting any smaller. In fact i was just putting myself in a bigger hole. If i have any advice for anybody dealing with schizophrenia, its this. Realize that your dealing with an illness that doesn't always go away. You must learn how to live and function dispite your illness. Take advantage of group therapy and talk about how you want a solution to your problem. Be honest and tell your psychiatrist that you are having symptoms but that you are ready to apply your coping skills in the real world. HONESTY is the best policy. Come to terms with your illness dont let it be the begining and the end of you, but be a power of example and trust me you will feel great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Untreated For This Useful Post:
noob1976 (08-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
(female)

leapfrog4u HB User
Re: Be honest when you leave the ward!

I totally agree. I was doing the same thing. I was in the hospital every month for a year or so,a nd every time I would say that I was all better and ready to go home. Even did that after months of ECT, and I was not better at all. But, I have finally found a pdoc that gave me only one med, and it is working amazing, now that I know exactly how to take it and all. I have to eat with the Geodon, but other than that, I am stable, andwish I could have been like this a long time ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

Dark Shadow HB User

did you guys relapse? what do you mean that you left the ward but werent feeling better? werent the medications working or where you still seeing and hearing things?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
(female)

leapfrog4u HB User

I was still hearing things and was still suicidal when I kept leaving. I never did actually find a medication that ever worked until the beginning of this month. The voices always tell me exactly how to die, and I kept trying to listen, and that's how I ended up in the ward, but I never would get better, so I would lie to get out.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
(female)

Dark Shadow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapfrog4u View Post
I was still hearing things and was still suicidal when I kept leaving. I never did actually find a medication that ever worked until the beginning of this month. The voices always tell me exactly how to die, and I kept trying to listen, and that's how I ended up in the ward, but I never would get better, so I would lie to get out.
oh i see, thanx

Closed Thread