It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

Twiz HB User
Question Confusing dx today...maybe yall too? plz read (long)

All my 38 years on this earth ive had issues with the, what I call textbook bi polar 1 symptoms including major psychotic features...never getting treatment (except for inpatient for overdoses ect.) or coming out with the whole truth till TODAY! Simply because NOW I was afraid things were getting way worse and that the whole truth of the psychotic part would effect my marriage, ive only barely touched on things about that with him in the past...

Today I went to see a therapist and case manager and all that so that i can get back on my meds so I can start feeling better again...(also being afraid that my "voices" would push me into another overdose...thats a whole nother story...anyway they dx me with depression (duh) and bi polar 1 with psychotic features...which is an old dx so it didnt surprise me...but while talking to the case manager she said in passing something about it maybe being Schizophrenia. Now I am 38 years old and yes ive heard voices, seen things, smelled things, have even lost touch with reality BUT not to THAT extent...ya know to where im unable to function, which is all that I understand about Schizophrenia (I could be wrong, sorry if i am I dont mean to offend) .... anyway now im really confused...they deal with mental health patients everyday...wouldnt they know for sure what someone has? I dunno....anyone else ever have anything like this happen and welll.....what happened?

Sorry about the novel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread