It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Is it possible

Is it possible for a highly intelligent, educated, able to take care of themselves, highly artistic and critical thinker with lots of work skills and can basically survive on their own to be paranoid schizophrenic?

I am a very paranoid person, but also fear socialization because of the paranoia but it wasn't always like this. But after many traumatizing social relational interactions over the years, I just have become overly paranoid.

Now, I am quite the logical thinker, and I don't make things out of nothing but draw conclusions and hypothesis based on facts, and make theories on facts. Is it even possible, for a person like me, to be or have paranoid schizophrenia? I ask this because the issue has come up with me more than once, and not by my own choice but by other people's suggestion to me. If I had the choice I would never want to be labeled or to have paraniod schizophrenia at all.

And since I am logical enough to know about it and not want it for it is a terrible stigma to carry and how would I even keep a job without getting fired if I had such a label, is it possible to still have paranoid schizophrenia? I guess it's a battle between fact or denial. But I want to know all the facts before someone blames me for denial. Any thoughts?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jellybread
elizabethan (04-27-2011), NinthTwelfth (07-16-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

elizabethan HB User
Re: Is it possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybread View Post
Is it possible for a highly intelligent, educated, able to take care of themselves, highly artistic and critical thinker with lots of work skills and can basically survive on their own to be paranoid schizophrenic?

I am a very paranoid person, but also fear socialization because of the paranoia but it wasn't always like this. But after many traumatizing social relational interactions over the years, I just have become overly paranoid.

Now, I am quite the logical thinker, and I don't make things out of nothing but draw conclusions and hypothesis based on facts, and make theories on facts. Is it even possible, for a person like me, to be or have paranoid schizophrenia? I ask this because the issue has come up with me more than once, and not by my own choice but by other people's suggestion to me. If I had the choice I would never want to be labeled or to have paraniod schizophrenia at all.

And since I am logical enough to know about it and not want it for it is a terrible stigma to carry and how would I even keep a job without getting fired if I had such a label, is it possible to still have paranoid schizophrenia? I guess it's a battle between fact or denial. But I want to know all the facts before someone blames me for denial. Any thoughts?
Have you been evaluated by a medical professional? You don't have to share a mental illness with anyone if you don't want to. I know it gets lonely. I never share my history of depression with anyone. Too afraid of the stigma of mental illness also. I spend all my time alone too. I will share it here though. Do employers have access to your medical records? Find someone you can trust at least to some degree. A Medical professional is bound by their professional ethics to tell you the truth.
At least you would know for sure then and could form a plan of action. Being diagnosed with depression gave me a starting point. I could stop blaming myself. I wish you well. Paranoid schizophrenia is not something I have personally experienced. Any mental illness is inherently painful. We share similar pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to elizabethan For This Useful Post:
jellybread (04-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread