It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
(male)

Feelsick HB UserFeelsick HB UserFeelsick HB User
Undiagnosed

So I have not yet been diagnosed but maybe someone can help me cope a little. I believe I have a mild case of schizophrenia I see shadows and blurs I feel extremely depersonalized like I can look in the mirror and I am pretty sure I am not there or maybe it is me and the mirrors are evil that's besides the point but I feel like I'm not in real life alot like it's a dream and I also feel that I may not be me like I'm a spirit in another body or vice versa I see pictures look at me and feel like there are people around me and watching me and like the pictures communicate with me not through words but emotions which I decode in my internal dialogue I feel like a nut I'm pretty sure that everyone doesn't deal with this but I don't believe there are any schizophrenics in my family however anxiety and depression run pretty thick I also experienced alot of trauma mental and physical as a child and in my teenage years but I have never felt normal so I don't know how long I have really felt like this but it keeps getting worse I just want be ok with something being wrong if in fact there is I have posted before and stated some symptoms but if anyone could give any advice or comforting words it would be greatly appreciated thank you

Old 05-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
(male)

Erik Kranz HB User
Re: Undiagnosed

I'm in the same position right now. I feel like no one believes me when i say i might have schizophrenia despite evidence that contrast this, but they really can't imagine what it's like. I was recently evaluated and was found by my psychologist that i might have a mood disorder, schizophrenia, schizoffective, or either types of bipolar. I was experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression for 2 years, and about a month ago broke down and had a panic attack where i thought my mom came in my room one night trying to kill me and was scared to find she hadn't at all the following day. I was found to have all the negative symptoms, and developed recently hearing voices, hallucinations, paranoia, panic attacks, psychotic episodes, depersonalization, catatonia, and generally being aloof and drifting away from reality. I was prescribed 5, and then a week later 10mg Abilify which i had a severe dyskinetic reaction to and now i'm on 100mg seroquel which will probably be bumped up soon. I'm at a partial hospitalization program and they keep saying I'm anxious and depressed with otherwise unspecified psychotic symptoms, but that's just frustrating code they use to basically say it's too early to label you anything yet. I'd recommend you try a psych evaluation and follow up with a partial hospitalization program so you can meet a psychiatrist if you need meds and be monitored for a few weeks before a concrete diagnosis can be made (your description fits the criteria so i think you'll know without their help but they need it anyway). I know how it's like to go through this stuff, and the process for getting help for it can be almost equally as frustrating, but have faith and hold on a bit longer, you'll get well soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread