It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
(male)

Feelsick HB UserFeelsick HB UserFeelsick HB User
Unhappy Schizophrenia making my gf want to leave me what do I do?!

So I believe to be schizophrenic but refuse medical help and my girlfriend says I'm not the same as much as I try to do every thing I can to make myself seem ok and to make her happy but she said today that she wants to separate to give me space and I don't think that's a good idea I don't see how that would help, she said it's for me to get myself together and that sounds like bs to me but is that me thinking too much or is that what we should do. We just are getting moved in to our new house so how would us separating help and I have been in multiple relationships and if that happens it's over how do I fix this or what do I do I need some advice really bad I'm kind of freaking out I dont know how to set up a psych appointment or where to go but please someone reply if it's emPathy or advice I just want someone to help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
(male)

Adamus90 HB User
Re: Schizophrenia making my gf want to leave me what do I do?!

Hey Feelsick,

Though I feel joshwatermusic reply could have used a little empathy, his message is absolutely right. I have been schizoaffective like him since near my 14th birthday. Next march it will have been half my life. Schizophrenia is nothing to take lightly, I was told years ago by my doctor like many other horrible illnesses it is degenerative.

Also like Josh without my meds there is no telling what I would do, it drove me so far as to hurt my family members physically when I was on meds that just didn't work.

If u follow Josh's advice and they don't think you have schizophrenia you should be thrilled as you have dodged a life long disease! Maybe therapy will help you, I dunno not a doctor. But if you care about her man try whatever it takes to get you straight with her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
(male)

gman522 HB User

hey feelsick, please reply asap, i would like to talk to you before you decide to see a psych. have you have taken any medication whatsoever that would effect you? What makes you think you're schizo? think about it please, those drugs arent to be messed with, your life will really change once you pop those meds, trust.

-greg

Old 09-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
(male)

Feelsick HB UserFeelsick HB UserFeelsick HB User

Hello I have not taken many meds It got to the point whEre I was so paranoid and anxious I was having panic attacks so I was put on klonopin which I didn't take long and later on In the year got another script and stopped again and not stopping from heavy use just as needed and then I was put on Prozac which sent me into a psychosis worse than I have had before and had an allergic reaction eventually I went to the hospital and talked to a social worker which recommended some course of action I have yet to follow up although on mondday I'm scheduling a appointment I am currently coming off klonopin again successfully tapering down now at .25 a day and my girlfriend is now on my side now she understands well not completely obviously but she is really helping me out and being very patient I don't want harsh side effects and have talked to some people who gave some suggestions so we will see how it goes thanks for the concern and reply

Closed Thread