It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
(male)

RedPhone HB User
Seeing things on the Wall When I wake up?

Hello, I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet as my "problem" has sort of just started today. I'd just like to know if its possible that I have schizophrenia or something going on.

If you do not know what sleep paralysis is, please don't read the next paragraph, I've read that if one knows about it and what to expect from it, the more it will happen to them and I wouldn't want anyone experiencing it because of me.

Anyway. For the last 3 or 4 years I've been getting the sleep paralysis pretty much one to three times a month. Sometimes more and less frequent. I would wake up sleepy, lay there for a while and start to fall back to sleep and become paralyzed I guess for about 3 or 4 seconds and then I'd sometimes hear things. It scared me most of the time because it would be foot steps. I knew it wasn't real, but I always made sure I snapped out of it before I could see what it was, because in my nightmares, monsters are so terrifying that they stick with me for days. And I'm not one to be afraid of horror movies or anything and I dont watch them frequently (I'm more a martial arts movie guy). Anyway, last year, me and my friend who also gets sleep paralysis more often ever since we started talking about it once in a while, have had it happen more frequently. This year however, I've yet to have it. But I've been having other things happen.

I live by myself and am 23, almost 24. So when I wake up hearing voices I know they're not real, but I just don't like it. Last year, when the paralysis would happen, I would often hear my mom's voice yell my name from downstairs. The first few times I thought it was really her. But later I started realizing it was in my head and went along with sleep paralysis. Of course one day it actually was her, as she came over because I wasn't answering my phone (left it down stairs).

Anyway, this year, about 3 or 4 days ago I've been waking up hearing things. Usually sounds and the same footsteps. But no sleep paralysis. The morning of friday however was something I never want to experience again. I drifted back to sleep after waking up. And I was dreaming that I was in my old room at my mom's house about to go to sleep and as I was still dreaming, I felt someone put there hands on my chest and stomach and I woke up still feeling it, and I heard the "person" say "so sleepy" and as it said "sleepy" It vanished. I then laid in bed wide awake for about 20 minutes and decided not to go back to sleep for the day.

But that isn't even what brought me here today. Today I woke up from a long dream, the context of which aren't that important.(it was about zombies at the end and meeting other survivors if you'd like to know. I swear I don't watch many horror movies). Anyway, when I woke up at 7am this morning. I saw on the wall, an animated stick figure dancing and moving around. From where I was, it was about as tall as two US quarters. Now I've woken up to see writings on my wall and they vanish after 4 seconds or less. But this time I was wide awake and could still see it. I stood up and clearly wasnt dreaming as I "felt everything" on my body its like, when you know 100% you're awake. But I could still see it. I got closer to it and the closer I got, the smaller it got. When I held my cellphone light to it, it vanished. But when I turned it, there was stick figure, still doing things like cartwheels and backflips and sometimes walking in a seamless animated cartoon fashion.

As of 7:30 when I came down stairs I could still see it on any wall I look at. Light makes it harder to see, its more faded, but on walls with less light, its easier to see. And the thing is right now, I can still see it as clear as day. Is this an early sign of schizophrenia?

I don't drink, smoke, or do any kind of drug. I've never done any of those things in my entire life. I don't take any kind of medicine, I'm a male, 23, turn 24 in august. As far as I know, my mother's side of the family has no history of any type of mental illness. I know nothing about my father's side of the family or much about my father. As of 8:30 I can still see the animated stick figure. I can't control what it does, it all seems predetermined in what it does. Its a lot more faded than when I woke up and I can only see it if i stare directly at one spot on a wall with little lighting.

I've tried google and can find no one with a similar story to mine. I've seen people talking about seeing giant spiders which makes my animated stick figure seem like nothing, but seeing things that aren't there for so long has to mean something. Is this something I should be alarmed about? I don't exactly have the means to just get checked out by a doctor as I can barely pay my bills. So going to see someone is something I'd only do if what I'm going through is serious.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Seeing things on the Wall When I wake up?

Is it possible that it is a 'floater', a fragment of gunk in your eye fluid? The fact that you see it on walls that you look at makes it seem as if it could be something like this. It could actually be very tiny and being magnified. Hope it turns out to be OK. All the other stuff is par for the course in sleep paralysis occurrences. Scary but harmless. Good luck, Sera

Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
(male)

RedPhone HB User
Re: Seeing things on the Wall When I wake up?

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if its a floater. The animation is very vivid and its very clear in its movements. My walls are white and the stick figure man is a light gray color. It does back flips, cartwheels, jumps, walks, and at one point it was pacing back and forth with its arms behind its back. As of right now, I dont see it when I look at the walls. But for a good hour and a half I could clearly see it.

I've never seen anything like it before, and I wasnt watching anything (like a cartoon on tv or my computer) and I wasnt dreaming about stick figure, so I have no idea what it could mean. But I guess in a way its some kind of floater since it happened where ever i looked and go smaller when i tried to gt close to it. I've never had something like this happen to me before. I do remember when I was about 4 or 5, seeing various family members as status in my room when i took a nap one day, but that was so long ago I decided it could have been dream or an over active imagination from being a child. But now that I'm 23 and seeing this thing on my wall for so long has me a little worried. But at least its not there anymore.

Thanks again for your reply.

Closed Thread