It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

Johnnyboy22 HB User
Risperdal effects on th

Hello i was recently diagnosted with bipolar disorder about 3 months ago due to a manic episode. Around the same time i was put on invega but than switched to risperdal shortly after. The upside to risperdal is that it is helping me with sleep, manic feelings, distorted thoughts etc. The downside is that i feel like a walking zombie. I don't feel nearly as creative or interested in anything for that matter. I use to love listening to music and get such good feelings from it but those feelings have died down tremendously. I also notice myself not being able to converse as well in conversations or keep a constant train of thought. My brain just isn't up to par anymore. I use to offer so much more to my friends and family with my personality but now i feel like i can offer nothing.
I believe that i need the medication because it's helping me with a lot but at what expense. My life seems to have completely lost it's flavor. Is there maybe another medication i can be on or a different dose(currently on 2 mg daily). I heard abilify seems to be a good substitute. please help

Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
(male)

BlackJellybean HB User
Re: Risperdal effects on th

I have been on Abilify, Risperadol and Seroquel. I suppose Abilify may help you retain your personality. But if you felt like a zombie with Risperadol, than I would strongly suggest staying away from Seroquel. I could at least function with Risperadol. Taking Seroquel was like consuming a gallon of NyQuil. I would suggest asking your doctor if the medicine he prescribes, could be taken once, before bed. I've always done that. I couldn't imagine having to deal with people, while in that state. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread