It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
(male)

CFinlay HB User
What now ??

Hi,
I, after 3 years of psychiatric drugs and assesments, I have been labelled schitzophrenic, although there are doubts as I am aware of what is happening in my head.
Does anyone have any idea where this will lead, cure, asylum ??

C xx

Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
(male)

Adamus90 HB User
Re: What now ??

Hi,

I have been schizoaffective almost half my life. I had doubts for awhile if I was schizophrenic or not, I think it is just natural. Obviously I can't tell you if you are or not, but after a few doctors I did not like I found one I absolutely trust. If you have doubts as to your diagnosis go for a 2nd opinion, and if you feel it necessary a 3rd opinion, never hurts.

Where it will lead is not something most of us really know. I was on alot of anti-psychotics from age 14, none seemed to work as I became resistant to them with time. My 18th birthday I was put in a research group that put me on Clozapine. I responded very well, things felt more normal and felt much slower. Everyone responds to meds different, another that did not work for me may work great for you.

As for a cure, I have wished for one but treatment and therapy are the best right now. But I am hopeful one day I will be able to function like everyone else with a cure.

Make sure and stay in contact with your doctor, i've learned even the smallest side effects should be mentioned, they may be nothing, they may mean something.

Last advice is never give up hope, your far from alone There are alot more of us than you would think!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread