It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

nadialiu HB User
new medications for schizophrenia

Is any new medications for schizophrenia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: new medications for schizophrenia

Maybe you would get more responses if you put this under either mental health issues or the Schizoprenia topic. There are so many new meds. coming out often for many illnesses so someone may know of something.

Good luck...JJ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

nadialiu HB User

I have schizophrenia.I take medications everyday and I fill OK

Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
(male)

stannmelody HB User

My girlfriend was prescribed Saphris. It is a very new drug and seems to work for most, and fairly quickly. It all depends on the severity of your symptoms.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #5
(female)

Sienna46 HB User

I take Abilify -- this is considered to be fairly new (it hasn't been copied yet or so my doctor tells me!).

Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stannmelody View Post
My girlfriend was prescribed Saphris. It is a very new drug and seems to work for most, and fairly quickly. It all depends on the severity of your symptoms.
Is her condition severe?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
(female)

Tatum2 HB User

Latuda. I just started a month ago on 40 mg, and my doctor increased it to 80. But it doesn't seem to work well with Depokate. I don't want to take the Depokate anymore. I'm trying to get my Doctor to stop the Depokate. I was hoping the Latuda would calm the "voices" down, but I'm a little discouraged now because it hasn't yet, and it might never happen. I also have a therapist finally. She set up an appointment for me to get my resume updated and to get a job, and I've been so stressed and in a panic about it. I'm not lazy, just afraid of being unable to hold the job. It's been 9 years since I've have been unemployed. My aunt says it is just fear, but I DO hear voices and see things! :-(

Reply Reply