It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
(male)

SoleVirtue HB User
Medication

I was perscribed Geodone and Seriquil. I took the Geodone as perscribed, and it seemingly worked. I didnt have any voices, no halucinations (Not that this has really been a problem) but it was bothersome. Throughout the day, I'd have electro music drowning out the voices. Hey, its better than thought projection, right? Well these 'voices' dont seem to care if I'm projecting, or being projected upon. I'm kinda just prey. They constantly bother me. Its to the point that I have trouble sleeping. I dont dream, and I get severly depressed. As I said, I was on Geodone, and to my knowlege that is the top quality medication for schitzophrenia, but at night the effects would dissipate and I would have voices even on the meds. Now I know nothing stops it, but I've kind of lost hope in medicating myself. I know I have a problem, but theres not much I can do when Im constantly being harassed. I was in the hospital, and things were going well. The Geodone was running its course, and things were splendid. Well, as spended as being medicated gets anyway.

I ask...

Does anyone else think its possible to 'survive' in todays world unmedicated?

or

Is this just another poor life choice?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
(female)

Sienna46 HB User
Re: Medication

Thanks for your post :-) Hospitalisation sucks.

If you are sz I don't think you can survive in today's world - otherwise I firmly believe with the love and support of your family & friends, a healthy lifestyle etc you can survive in the world without medication - just about.... There's so much pressure in the world that drives us towards medication and yoga.... It's all got to help right??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
(male)

SoleVirtue HB User

Thanks. The voices stopped, well... They cant get in right now. I ended up sleeping for an extended ammount of time, and it helped. I woke up hearing them so I pulled my covers over my head and forced myself back to sleep. I mean... Its not healthy, but it helps the symptoms.. Right? I'm not thought projecting anymore, well if you concider though projection reading and writing I'm doing that. I'm happy and feeling normal, aside from the very distant, and muffled voices in the background.

Im thinking of starting on Ambilify, only because I've heard so many success storys because of it. I'm looking forward to my new medication. Maybe I'll be here writing a success story of my own

Old 08-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
(male)

BlackJellybean HB User

This is in response to your question about whether or not a schizophrenic can survive without medication. I am kinda torn on my opinion. I was off medications for about 10 months ( due to a change in health insurance, and hating the many side effects ). I was doing great. Since I have been living with schizophrenia for 15 years, I figured that I had finally learned how to deal/ignore it. Then about a month ago, that S.O.B started smacking me around again. It got to the point that I started responding to voices/trying to stifle thoughts, in public again. I finally decided to start Abilify, and try to live with the side effects as best I could. There were no high pressure situations ( usually a trigger ) around that time, so I'm a little confused as to why it crept up again...........................I would be happy to hear any stories of people living, or trying to live without medications ( If you're willing to share ).

Also, if the original poster is still taking Seroquel...You might want to ask your doctor about taking the med exclusively at night. Being around people in that state,was unbearable for me. You might want to prepare for weight gain, and sleeping 12 plus hours a night, as well.

Closed Thread