It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
(male)

Feelsick HB UserFeelsick HB UserFeelsick HB User
Symptoms increasing

Ok so my shift at work switched from mornings to nights and my paranoia has increased ALOT! I would describe it as minor hLucinations but they are pretty regular especially at night and the school I work at is dark with religious statues everywhere which creeps me out but I am always hearing so
Erving and always seeing shDows or people in windows which disappear after I double take at them but I will get so scared that I will just sit there and not want to move for fear that when I turn around there will be someone there rhat is going to hurt me or something it's kind of irrational but I can't help it as much as I tell my self it's not real it's hard to believe that when I see it and sometimes there wl be small voices just a few words I can't make out or noises that get to the point I just want to pull my hair out I would lime some other people to share how they feel and some of there symptoms and meds that help as I will be seeing some doctors in the near future despite the fact I have these delusions of a psychiatrist chasing me around or trying to kill me but I will get over that so ya if some people could share their symptoms and suggest some treatments so I have some ideas from the people that use it I stead of docs who are paid to prescribe it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
(male)

BlackJellybean HB User
Re: Symptoms increasing

I use Abilify because the side effects are not as severe as some of the other meds. I takes about 2 weeks for the medicine to take hold, so don't get discouraged if you end up taking Abilify. In my opinion, Seroquel was the strongest of the anti psychotics that I've taken. It worked the best but, the side effects were severe ( in my experience ), and took away from all the good that the medicine was doing. Focusing on my breathing, can sometimes calm me and reduce my symptoms, so you might want to try that. Reading something has also helped me remain calm. Researching schizophrenia may also benefit you.
Other than that, you will just have to be as open as you can with your psychiatrist. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
(male)

Feelsick HB UserFeelsick HB UserFeelsick HB User
Re: Symptoms increasing

Thanks for reading I know it was kinda long I appreciate the response I Will ask about that I have done tons of research I studies psychology in college for a while bit anyway I like that. The side effects are minimal that's good I still want to be me not zombie like thanks for the tips it means alot the best to you and your struggles

Closed Thread