It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
(male)

chri0938 HB User
My thoughts wake me up

I have bipolar disorder but am recently rediagnosed from schizophrenia. Since being put on my new medication, sleep has become an issue. I have been pretty good about taking Ativan to get to sleep which seems to work for a few hours.

Lately, however, my thoughts have been waking me up. They are not thoughts related to the day's events or anxiety about what I have to do, because this happens on my days off as well. Instead I wake up with a question, usually philosophical in nature that starts a racing thought process until I get up. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: My thoughts wake me up

My thoughts ALWAYS used to wake me up! Then I found out I have ADD, got on adderall, and haven't had that problem anymore, except for when I've been pregnant/nursing and off adderall for the time. The WORST for me was when my daughters would watch kid tv shows with those horrible jingles! Those would NEVER go away and I'd wake up with weird deep thoughts and some idiotic jingle in my head! You wouldn't by chance be ADD, too, would you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
(female)

Misa77 HB User
Re: My thoughts wake me up

It might be the meds too....talk with your doctor asap

Closed Thread

Tags
bipolar, sleep, thoughts