It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
(male)

Jon29 HB User
Voices

I have been taking medication for 3 months, they are controlling my delusions but the voices are still persistent. i have learnt to live with the voices in that i just ignore them. They always come from the outside of my head, and they are always the same voices. They are usually negative in that I am useless but sometimes they can be positive by encouraging me to do but they turn nasty when I don't. It is a noise I have been living with for 15 years.

I don't mention it to my doctor as I am afraid I may get scheduled as I have been on medication for awhile and therefore she may think I am not responding and thus make a case for containment in order to be treated. I probably should because the voices do get in the way of making rational decisions especially when my mood is really affected as it often is

Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

Daggerz HB User
Post Re: Voices

Scientists have hypothesized that Schizophrenia is caused by a person's brain misinterpreting time or something like that. Basically, time has a lot more to do with the brain than we'd think. In Schizophrenia, the person's time is off by a very small amount (less than a second even) and they THINK they hear the voice before they generate it, and are actually incorrect on their interpretation on when they hear it.

In truth, the voices are you, just you think you hear it without thinking about it, when really it's a flaw in your brain.

Sorry I haven't exactly answered your question...

It is a mental disorder.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply