It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

samus HB User
Question Seeing things w/o being schizophrenic?

For quite some time I have seen things out of the corner of my eyes. I have floaters, which I know can affect this. I also wear glasses and when I forget I'm wearing them, the rims look like something, but of course aren't.

What alarmed me is when I saw a drop of blood that wasn't there. I was expecting to see it, which I know can make your eyes play tricks on you. At first it looked like it was there, but wasn't. This has never happened. I have been in and out of therapists offices for OCD and depression, and I have never been diagnosed with schizophrenia or anything that causes delusions.

I don't see people or hear things. I think the problem may be that I get scared of seeing things, and when I expect to see them, my eyes play tricks on me. I also read that this problem can be caused by mental stress, which I do have a lot of. Can anyone relate to this? If so, please tell me. It would be nice to know that I'm not alone. Thank you.

P.S.
I'm sorry for posting this twice. I wasn't sure where to put it and I was upset at the time, so I put it in Mental Health. I tried to delete it, but obviously you can't. Sorry for the annoyance. I just need help.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
(female)

hope 32 HB User
Re: Seeing things w/o being schizophrenic?

If you are having any concerns, make a quick apoitment with your familly doc. he can ask you the propper questions and if there is concern he can send you in the right direction. the sooner you know the better for recovery in the long run
in my experience i started to loose constration and i hullusonated a little at first then it got worse and by then i had no clue i was sick. i also read deeply into things that didnt make sence.

The Following User Says Thank You to hope 32 For This Useful Post:
samus (06-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
(female)

samus HB User
Re: Seeing things w/o being schizophrenic?

Thank you so much. As we speak I am planning on seeing someone about it That in itself makes me feel much better. And I know what you mean about reading into things. I'm the same way. I appreciate the reply

Reply Reply