It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
(male)

Vaisey HB User
Could I have early stages of Schizophrenia?

Hi, my names Jason and i only started feeling like this a week ago. I went to the doctors and he said I probably just have anxiety. I have no inhibitions to do anything but lay in bed, I don't feel like going outside, I'm not depressed but I just feel emotionless and don't want to do anything. I have a stupid stare going on and it's really annoying. I have an Intense fear of becoming a Schizophrenic, my uncle has bipolar and I think Schizophrenia too..every time I want to go outside and do something I'll think it's stupid and just stay inside..

Today I've thought of killing myself and I'm getting fairly paranoid, I keep listening for voices and when i close my eyes to sleep I'll have random closed eye delusions but when i open my eyes i know they weren't real and stupid. But I'm still scared as.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to if i might be developing Schizophrenia, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to Vaisey:
xSky (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
(female)

xSky HB UserxSky HB User
Re: Could I have early stages of Schizophrenia?

Hey Jason.

How are you feeling now? I'm sorry that you have to go through this. It must be tough on you. I know nothing much about schizophrenia, except for the stuff that I've read online..but basically that's it. Have you asked your doctor for a proper diagnosis? He/she may just think that you have anxiety based on what you told him/her. But it could help if you tell him/her that you think it's schizophrenia. Maybe it would be better to ask a psychologist or a mental health professional?

It might be possible that you'll get it, but I don't know for sure. Don't worry so much. Don't be afraid. It's going to be okay. Don't think about killing yourself. It's sad, you know?
You shouldn't end your life because of this. Know that you're not alone okay?
It's good that you are aware of this. People who have schizophrenia usually don't know that they do have it. It's going to be alright man. Hang in there. The people that love and care about you will do their best to help. Let me know how it goes!
-Best of luck. Don't lose hope Jason!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
(female)

Lorenucia HB User

I think that you are depressed not schizophrenic. If you hear voices and believe your delusions then you are schizophrenic. You appear to know what is real. I have a combination of bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. Before the courts forcibly committed me to a mental hospital where I was forcibly medicated, I believed with all of my heart that I was dead and in hell and being raped by devils several times a day. I had the physical sensations of being raped. I was gang raped in Guatemala when I was 23 so I have some points of reference for those feelings. Believe me, from what you've said, I don't believe that you have schizophrenia.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
(female)

soapandstars HB Usersoapandstars HB User

a lot of different illnesses can cause hallucinations and paranoia, including even something like depression. labels aside, it sound like you are suffering and should talk to someone professional. i would not worry too much about schizophrenia though - self diagnosis is a dangerous thing. most people who develop schizophrenia have little insight into what's happening, and you seem very lucid.

that's not to say it isn't a possibility, but it sounds like you are dealing with something more mood based. these things are very scary regardless of the label. i hope you can find help soon.

Reply Reply