It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
(male)

Skitliv HB User
Question Does it have to be linked to my mental illness?

I have paranoid schizophrenia.
When I was first diagnosed, I thought that all my symptoms were due to the schizophrenia. A few years later I talked to allot of other schizophrenics online and noticed that some of what I was experiencing was not shared by any other schizophrenic. I know the disease differs allot between people, so I am not sure what to think.

I am a pathological liar. The kind that does so not wish to gain anything by it, or start to believe the lies themselves. I do it for the sole pleasure of deceiving people and getting away with it. No other reason.

I have absolutely no conscience. I have done terrible things and never felt bad or anything about it. I make jokes of people that died or suffers. ( I almost got punched once for laughing at a friend who said he lost a close friend to cancer and that he misses him ). My dad died literally in front of me more than a year back. I just stood there. No happy, no sad. Nothing

I love seeing people suffer. Physically and emotionally.

Of what I know now, these are not linked to my illness. A close friend who suffers from schizoaffective disorder, said that I may have psychopathy in addition to schizophrenia. I did allot of research on this and find that there are similar trades, but more differences in me ( No charm, self-worth, need for stimulation. I don't have the lack of delusions symptom either( I have quite a few delusions regularly) . I also have basically no sex-drive ).

Can't I just be a "morbid", "sick" or "deranged" person, without it being linked to some kind of mental illness?
Some answers would be really helpful .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Does it have to be linked to my mental illness?

Sounds like you have some type of personality disorder,along with your schizophrenia

The Following User Says Thank You to gardenandcats For This Useful Post:
Skitliv (12-16-2012)
Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
(male)

Skitliv HB User
Re: Does it have to be linked to my mental illness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenandcats View Post
Sounds like you have some type of personality disorder,along with your schizophrenia
I probably do.
I just wonder why, ( and this is going to sound like another of my schizophrenic delusions/rants ) if someone does not fit into society's picture of what a "normal" person is supposed to be like, they must have some kind of disease or disorder. Cant there just be people who think and feel different than the "norm", without being labeled as having a disorder?
It is probably just a delusion of mine.

Reply Reply