It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
(male)

Skitliv HB User
Question New on Invega. Help please.

Hi.
I have Paranoid schizophrenia. I was on Leponex 200mg for about 2 and a half years. I changed to Invega for a few reasons. I am in my 3rd year of studying micro biology. With leponex I would sleep through all classes. I even slept through a few tests and exams.

My psychiatrist switched me to Invega to help me study. I have been on it for about 3 months. The first few weeks were pretty crap due to the withdraw form the old combined with new symptoms from the new. After this it went okay for a while.

A few weeks ago I started to get extremely agitated at the littlest things, but it doesn't stop with agitation. I get into these little psychotic rages. I just want to break and destroy something. My fists are blue for hitting walls and tables to try and get the anger out. Lately my head started twitching heavily in these rages. From one side to the other with no control over it.

It feels like all my anger and frustration build up during my Leponex "zombified" years are coming to the surface. I start studying again in less than a month and only see my psychiatrist in 3 months.

I also started having mild word salads.
Other than that I have not experienced any other kind of irregular psychotic symptoms.

Have anyone been on Invega that can say if what I am experiencing is normal?

Reply Reply