It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
(male)

trymenow HB User
what to believe

for years I was diagnose with bipolar disease but the medication was not working and it seemed like I was feeling something a little different that other people that was bipolar. A knew doctor said I was schizophrenic and everything started to fit together. I had thoughts that were nagging and obtrusive and I believed that at that time it was just my bipolar disease that was beating me up with negative thoughts. now I realize that its voices in my head that seems like my thoughts but are not. voices that suggest things I have no interest in and are so compelling that I start to believe in them. to give you an idea of what i'm talking about: for example, say I go to the store and pay for my items with a credit card. a voice in my head would say that the person at the register don't believe its my card and then my body will start to act as if its not my card and making me look stupid because I used this card with this same cashier numerous times. its like the voices have some control of my emotions and body functions. Is this normal with schizophrenia or is it just me...

Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

soapandstars HB Usersoapandstars HB User
Re: what to believe

when people talk about having voices i am never sure if you mean voices in your head that take over your inner monologue and feel like thoughts that belong to someone else, or if you are actually hearing voices that come from within but sound the same in your ears as "real" sounds. i've had both, the former because of obsessive compulsive traits and anxiety, and the latter from my schizophrenia. which one is true for you? the former can be debilitating but is not considered a sign of psychosis, but both can be awful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply