It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board

What does my scoliosis results mean?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
haileylam
(female)

haileylam HB User
Post What does my scoliosis results mean?

It says i have both thoracic dextroscoliosis with the apex at T7-8 and the angle approximating 8 degrees and lumbar levoscoliosis, with the apex at L3-2 and the angle also approximating 8 degrees. Does this mean my scoliosis is at 16 degrees in total or does it equal to 0 because I have both lower left and higher right at the same degree? How could I even it out when it's technically already even?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: What does my scoliosis results mean?

Welcome to the board. No, it means that you have mild scoliosis, with a curve in the thoracic spine that curves to the right and a second curve in the lumbar spine that curves toward the left side. Anything under 20 degrees is considered mild.

When the curve is more severe, dextroscoliosis poses serious complications for the kidney, lungs, and other nearby organs. Medical professionals say it is less risky than levoscoliosis, which can affect the heart. Obviously, with an 8 degree curve, you don't have to worry about either. You don't mention your age...but you will want to keep an eye on the scoliosis to monitor the degree of curve, which may worsen as you age.

There are exercises you can do and various conservative options that might help.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
whisperingwinds
(female)

whisperingwinds HB User
Re: What does my scoliosis results mean?

I had very mild scoliosis when I was in HS. I wish the Dr told me about this exercise yoga but please, ask your Dr if this would be right for your health issues. I know they strengthen the muscles. good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
curvature, degree, scoliosis, spine, xray