It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

Jersey Goseng HB User
scolio exercise

i've recently been diagnosed with scoliosis. i'm in my middle age so the doc says there isn't much help but bear it and just lie down when it hurts. i've tried taking up tai-chi and it does help relieve the symptoms though i'm not sure if it corrects the problem. anyone want to share their experience on this?

i've also heard about this clinic in Germany that offers physical therapy reportedly to correct the condition. i don't know if ti's true or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey Goseng For This Useful Post:
paulag536 (06-16-2012)
Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

dreamingoutloud HB User
Re: scolio exercise

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering...but I want to let you know that i'm in the same boat. I'm a 48 year old woman with scoliosis. I have lots of pain...but thank goodness the doctors say that I don't need surgery. I've done physical therapy for the pain years ago and it worked wonders. The problem is that I got lazy and stopped...lol. I've just been to the Dr. and have a referral to a really great pt place in NYC where I live. I'm sure that you'll be able to find a physical therapist that can help you. What pt for scoliosis does is to strengthen the muscles in both your stomach and back areas...as well as your legs. This works as sort of an internal 'girdle'...If the muscles that hold up your spine are stronger, then you should have less pain. I know that it worked for me and hope that it does again.
I sure hope that it works for you too!

Good luck...and I hope that you're pain free very soon...

emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
(female)

Jersey Goseng HB User

oh, many thanks for your advice. that was helpful...

Old 10-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

What you are needing to do is to strength your core muscles. That's what keeps us straight and upright. Once you can do core excercises, you can do them almost anywhere. I sit and do them at my desk at work.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
(female)

Jersey Goseng HB User

hi, ibake&pray,

that's a good reminder, thanks. do

do calcium supplements and milk really help?

Closed Thread