It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

curious789 HB User
Smile Spinecor adult scoliosis brace question

Are there any adults out there who have tried the spinecor adult scoliosis brace? If so, did it help decrease your back pain? Did it help you function better . . ie can you sit longer, do more housework, lift heavy things better, push/pull a grocery cart more easily?

Would love to get some unbiased feedback from folks who have actually worn this!

I am a 49 year old female who has had scoliosis since i was a teenager. Currently my thoracic curve is 55 degrees, the lumbar curve is 33 degrees. I never was braced as a teenager or had surgery.

I have problems with pain/ muscle tightness/ stiffness in my right upper back, and am looking for some new solutions. This brace sounds promising , but it is expensive (about $3,000 U.S. dollars). All the studies I've read on it have been written by the people in Canada who developed it. thanks for reading!

Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

Nature54 HB User
Re: Spinecor adult scoliosis brace question

Hello:

I have never heard of the spinecor. You've interested me about it and I will look that product up. I too have scoliosis similar to yours, although I don't know what the degrees of the bends are,but I do have them in the same places as you. I found out I had it by accident when I was 23. Never knew I had it till then. I sustained an injury and had an x-ray and there it was! I am now 54. I've suffered with back pain for over 20 years now. It has not been so sever that I cannot function, but I deal with daily aches and pains and cannot sit in an office type chair for too long. I do get back spasms in certain areas. When I do regular housework, such as vacuuming or mopping or cleaning and scrubbing bathrooms, I pay for it at the end of the day and have to break out my heating pad and take some ibuprofen. Yard work is a killer and I usually pay for that for about 1 week afterwards. I also suffer from neck problems and arm problems and hip problems, all related to the scoliosis. However, throughout the years I have seen chiropractors (different ones because of moving) and it has helped me...the adjustments I get. I also went to this place called Alternative Physical Therapy once and I felt like a healthy human being after I was done there. I went there 3 times a week, and I wish I could find something like that where I live now. That treatment involved deep tissue release along both sides of my spine followed by electrotherapy stimulation. That did wonders for me and I was so dissapointed when I was done. I was also seeing a chiropractor at the same time. Sadly, my husband and I sold our house and moved from that area and now it's too far away. I have tried these therapies because I refuse to fill my body with pain medications. But, lately I have been thinking about finding some type of back brace because I am getting older and my muscles are getting weaker and I am losing bone mass. I've seen bras that are supposed to help with back support, maybe I will try that too.

If you try this product I hope it works for you.

Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

curious789 HB User

Thanks for your message. I would recommend you try the clavicle brace made by bodyline comfort systems in Florida. It's about $30. I use it sometimes, and it is like a posture brace for the upper back. I can do more with my arms (doing laundry, bringing groceries into the house) with less discomfort if I wear the brace than without the brace. the last time I called them they were at 800-874-7715. Take care!

P.S. I am pre-menopausal. Have you gone through menopause yet? If yes, do you think your symptoms are worse now because of the changes in your body from menopause or do you think it's worse now mostly because you're not doing physical therapy and chiropractic right now?

Thanks and good luck to you!

Last edited by curious789; 11-19-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
(female)

Nature54 HB User

Thank you for reply! I will look up that bra too,thanks!
As for the menopause question...I have been in menopause for some time now and I don't think menopause made my symptoms worse, just getting older. And yes, because I haven't been to a chiropractor on a regular basis I think makes the aches and pains worse; it's a way of helping to keep them in check and at a minimum. The trick is to find a good chiropractor though, they are not all the same. Some just have the knack and some don't.

Take care and good luck to you too!

Closed Thread